Is the MKDons a good thing or bad for Wassall?

Sith Happens

In some ways i think its a good thing to be playing them today, you would expect to win, everyone is happy, but is it a good thing really? If we win do we say well we should have won anyway, if we draw or even worse lose....the reactions won't be good.

Is it about the performance, so we go and win and win well, not meaning loads of goals but entertaining football as mel wants. Is that the minimum from today we want?

It will be interesting to see how we do play, i keep thinking back to that first half against ipswich and we were woeful, was that team selection, tactics, or was it the players having a bad reaction to clough being sacked? We all know about steve's visit at half time and the change of team for the second half, but also suggested that he told them to get over the fact clough was gone and go out and play as they know they can.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think a win is important today no matter how it comes. We all want us to play attractive football but I think some people have this idea that now Clements gone it will be like flicking a switch. Lets remember, even at the back end of last season we didn't exactly play free flowing football, its actually been quite a while since Derby have really played well and completely taken apart another team.

As a team, like Chris Martin mentioned, we are low on confidence and we need to find that confidence to get fluidity back into our play. Being more positive and trying something more inventive will go along way today to appeasing us fans after the pretty boring and rigid football we have watched this season. A solid defence today coupled with that, a 2-0 win I think would make everyone feeling a little better after the week we have had.

I think its, as its been alluded to many times, important for the fans to really get behind the team. The expectations should be lowered slightly as its Wassalls first game in charge and he is untried really. He will need us to be right behind him, as will the players. The atmosphere surrounding the club isn't at its best right now, we as fans don't need to add to that by getting on the players backs and making the atmosphere in the ground poisonous. For the serial moaners, please hold in your moans for just one game at least and find some passion within you to shout something positive. 

(And yes the end part was co-written by B4) UTR

I think it's good thing we're playing them today. We've been a bit like a big strong dog that loves to run in open fields being restricted to being exercised on a lead only. Wassell's got the opportunity to take the lead off and let it run. Whether he will remains to be seen, but I'm sure the players/captain have told him playing to their natural instincts will be more productive than this cautionary style that's been evident of late. 

11 minutes ago, davenportram said:

think the ipshit performance was part shell shock and part protest. I expect this to be different.

I think it was part Lee Grant in goal. One shot went through his legs and we seem to struggle with corners when he plays.

I know we have changed manager, but with our current position in the form table we really can't expect a win against anyone right now. I just hope we play better than we did in the reverse fixture which, although we fluked the win, was one of our most inept and embarrassing performances of the season.

50 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I think it's good thing we're playing them today. We've been a bit like a big strong dog that loves to run in open fields being restricted to being exercised on a lead only. Wassell's got the opportunity to take the lead off and let it run. Whether he will remains to be seen, but I'm sure the players/captain have told him playing to their natural instincts will be more productive than this cautionary style that's been evident of late. 

What if the dog fouls the footpath and the owner doesn't have the wherewithal to clean it up? Do we call for a new dog-owner or just stick with the rookie until summer, when we can get the hound properly trained? Woof.

I hope I'm wrong but I am concerned that this won't be the pushover many are expecting.

MK Dons had a good result against Boro during the week and almost took the 3 points, added to our managerial turmoil over recent days and they must fancy their chances.

Also, teams used to playing in front of smaller crowds arrive at the iPro in front of 30,000 and suddenly think they're playing at Wembley! :D

COYR

7 minutes ago, Anon said:

I know we have changed manager, but with our current position in the form table we really can't expect a win against anyone right now. I just hope we play better than we did in the reverse fixture which, although we fluked the win, was one of our most inept and embarrassing performances of the season.

Remind me to never go to a party with you

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

But if you know where I live can't you post it to me? (and Spain doesn't count as knowing where I live :D)

As I had to pay that t I t Clement off, because of his non Derby ways things are a bit tight under ffp so can't afford the foreign postage so you'll have to come and get it. Come alone

12 minutes ago, richinspain said:

But if you know where I live can't you post it to me? (and Spain doesn't count as knowing where I live :D)

As I had to pay that t I t Clement off, because of his non Derby ways things are a bit tight under ffp so can't afford the foreign postage so you'll have to come and get it. Come alone

This imo will in no way be a pushover especially with our form of late.MK played pretty well vs. Boro and I am sure will come into this one with some confidence.

Will be beneficial for us to just go out and play loose and creative and try to instill some confidence and belief as well.I have faith in Wassall and will be cheering him and the guys on as loud as I can...from my computer.:thumbsup:

COYR.

6 minutes ago, AmericanRam said:

This imo will in no way be a pushover especially with our form of late.MK played pretty well vs. Boro and I am sure will come into this one with some confidence.

Don't be daft.

Keogh will be doing keepy uppy on the edge of the box.

It will look like eleven Rodney Marsh's out there.

Archived