First Team Coaching Staff Confirmed

Day

Darren Wassall has confirmed who will be joining him on Derby County’s first-team coaching staff.

Wassall will take charge of his first game against MK Dons at the iPro Stadium on Saturday (13th February, 3pm) after being appointed as Head Coach until the end of the season on Monday evening.

Pat Lyons and Craig Short, who were support staff under Wassall at Under 21 level, will work alongside the rest of the senior coaching staff for the closing months of the campaign. 

Kevin Phillips (Assistant Coach) and Pascal Zuberbuhler (Goalkeeping Coach) will remain on the coaching team to provide support to Wassall.

As a result, Rory Delap will step up to oversee the running of Derby’s Under 21s for their remaining six games of the Barclays Under 21 Premier League - Division 2 campaign, with Justin Walker in charge of the Under 18s.

The day-to-day running of the Academy, as a result of Wassall assuming first-team affairs, will be managed by Head of Academy Operations John Barton until the end of the campaign.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/first-team-coaching-staff-confirmed-2948227.aspx#koURrVKmYkC2MjyV.99

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

So it's actually happening then. Sounds like he's going to see the season out... Not much experience there 

When I read MM's interview with Steve Nicholson yesterday I got the same impression. This is really happening.

The interview emphasized that MM thought PC was working to his own plan and his own timeline... to get DCFC first team promoted this year. Whereas PC's plan seems much more about the plan for growing a long term sustainable club. i.e. a business plan which says get the business fundamentals right and the success will follow naturally.

It makes sense as the sort of plan a successful business man would come up with. Will it actually work in the crazy world of football though??

Recent comments from a Brendan Rodgers interview :ph34r: fits in with Wassall till the end of the season.

What's next for Brendan Rodgers?

“Well I needed a bit of time out away from football, only for the fact that three-and-a-half years under such scrutiny was really intense. That time out has allowed me to recharge and give time to my family, which is very difficult when you are in football.

"After the Christmas period, I really started to watch games again, including my son who is at Swindon. Spending time with family is very important to me. I am enjoying doing some TV work and spekaing with players.

"I will go between now and the end of the season to some clubs and take in some fresh ideas and if the right opportunity comes along in the summer I would really love the opportunity to get back in the game.”

Do you see yourself as a Premier League manager or would you consider coaching abroad

“I am open. It is where I feel I can go in and make a difference: a job that will excite me. It doesn't have to necessarily be at a top club. It can be at home or abroad. It is just about finding the right opportunity, one that will excite me to go in and somewhere I can help make better.”

14 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

More than them lot, and at least Clement had Peacock 

Short has managed at Ferenccvros and Notts County so actually has more managerial experience than anyone. Peacock and Clement had only really ever managed age group sides as have Wassall and Pat lyons.

31 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Neither with PC!

5 minutes ago, emjlc02 said:

Short has managed at Ferenccvros and Notts County so actually has more managerial experience than anyone. Peacock and Clement had only really ever managed age group sides as have Wassall and Pat lyons.

On 4 June 2010 he was appointed as the new manager of Notts County.[5] He was sacked on 24 October 2010.[6]

30 November 2009 Ferencvaros officially signed Short as new manager, however he left the Hungarian club because he did not possess the UEFA Pro Licence required in the Hungarian top division.[4]

that went well then

1 minute ago, YouRams said:

Mel would be sent down for manslaughter after Keogh's head explodes during a game because its all too much for him to take.

While members of the south stand smother their fat naked bodies with his entrails, chanting "Keogh! Keogh! Keogh!"...

25 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

On 4 June 2010 he was appointed as the new manager of Notts County.[5] He was sacked on 24 October 2010.[6]

30 November 2009 Ferencvaros officially signed Short as new manager, however he left the Hungarian club because he did not possess the UEFA Pro Licence required in the Hungarian top division.[4]

that went well then

I didn't say he was a good manager just that he had experience of managing. He may be better as a coach, well I am hoping he is. His record is about as good as Clements :)

Archived