Clement gone.

Rev

1 minute ago, RamNut said:

I read that PC was on £40k pw 4 year contract,

so presumably he'll be chasing £7m compo for unfair dismissal.

i should imagine that his lawyer will have instructed him to keep schtum whilst they work on building their case.

Could be an expensive settlement.

When Derby appointed PC there was a lot of rumours about a huge salary, which i had read was not close and his salary was probably more like £1mil a year. Who knows, there is so much crap in the media about what goes on, i would guess the truth probably lies somewhere in between, maybe a basic £1mil with add-ons for promotion that could have made it £2mil plus, then a clause for a pay rise if we got promoted.

No doubt there will be some compensation, but a lot will depend how thats structured, take Billy Davies for example, Forest continue to pay his salary which is why he is probably happy to sit doing nothing as there will be some clause that once he gets a job the payments will stop.

I reckon thats probably what stopped us having to pay Steve a huge pay off, because he got a job almost straight away.

So a lot will depend on how long Clement wants to sit on th sidelines doing nothing, i reckon it wont be that long so that probably minimises the amount that will get paid.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On ‎12‎/‎02‎/‎2016 at 09:57, Supermac said:

I am definitely not ITK, but I don't buy any of this rubbish about not following a plan or short-termism, it's all a smoke screen for something else. The speed of this dismissal and change in MM's opinion of Paul Clement says to me this decision has nothing to do with football matters at all and is more related to a persons conduct. What I also find strange is that Paul Clement has not put out a statement of any kind since Monday even through the League Managers Association, who generally have something to say when one of their members has been sacked in such circumstances.

maybe the lack of comment from Clement is telling. Perhaps he hasn't got a different story to share. If he was aggrieved by the statement from MM he'd have something to say

4 minutes ago, davenportram said:

maybe the lack of comment from Clement is telling. Perhaps he hasn't got a different story to share. If he was aggrieved by the statement from MM he'd have something to say

do you know that he would be allowed under the terms of his dismal, or are you just guessing ?

I stupidly thought before the game we'd see maximum effort from the players today after Clements dismissal. MK were happy to let the ball come into the box and clear it every time, 25million and we have zero creativity. The players should be ashamed of themselves. 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived