" When Derby were good we had... Hair"

StockholmRam

Wrote an old Popside mate of mine today..

Got me thinking... What else did we have when Derby were last really good? 

I get the ball rolling with...

National adverts with Kevin Hector and Charlie George in them. Something about Eggs.

Proper chippies that sold spam fritters and batter bits.

Top of the Pops

Shoot Mag ( Nowt to do with )

Roy of the Rovers and Billy's Boots.

Cod Liver oil

Carlisle in top flight football.

Free milk at school.

The cane at school. 

Over to you lots... 

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bit depressing that you'd glossed over the mid/late 1990s as us being "good", and that challenging for the top flight title is the absolute bear minimum you expect. If that's the case, we're never going to be good in my lifetime :(

But to play along, last time we were good my dad was not tall enough yet to see anything in the Popside.

39 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Bit depressing that you'd glossed over the mid/late 1990s as us being "good", and that challenging for the top flight title is the absolute bear minimum you expect. If that's the case, we're never going to be good in my lifetime :(

But to play along, last time we were good my dad was not tall enough yet to see anything in the Popside.

I didn't have hair then either mate so I'm afraid it's 70s for me on this thread. 

44 minutes ago, StockholmRam said:

Wrote an old Popside mate of mine today..

Got me thinking... What else did we have when Derby were last really good? 

I get the ball rolling with...

National adverts with Kevin Hector and Charlie George in them. Something about Eggs.

Proper chippies that sold spam fritters and batter bits.

Top of the Pops

Shoot Mag ( Nowt to do with )

Roy of the Rovers and Billy's Boots.

Cod Liver oil

Carlisle in top flight football.

Free milk at school.

The cane at school. 

Over to you lots... 

my old dear used to call them scratchings ? free milk at school, yeah i have to pay for my lad to have milk :angry:

I miss the pop and the BBG, i don't like that PP because its basically the same as Boro's.

13 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I am from Carlisle and watched them go up the divisions. Chris Balderstone, Hugh Mcylmoyle, Willie Carlin. Alan Ashman was manager.Great period in Carlisle's history.

Willie Carlin was in that team was he Ramps? Blimey I missed that one. I remember playing them on Telly, think it was our last home match and we were presented with the league championship trophy that day too. 

Archived