It was good whilst it lasted

Sith Happens

It would seem after all the positivity, ending the year in the promotion chase, only having lost 2 times, we have a promising young manager/coach and a fantastic owner, it would seem we have become a shambles....we have now lost 3 times, Mel has gone from hero to villian for doing what i cant quite work out, daring to speak up when not happy and charging a going rate for a game against one of the top teams in the world, add to that our leading scorer from the past 3 years is now pants and needs to be sold.

Oh it makes me long for the good old days of the 3 amigos, losing more games a year than we win, bottom half finishes, phil 'you dont know what your doing' brown, dean holdsowrth, kevin poole in goal, losing 5-2 to forest, thinking we had sold a good player when theo left, 50k bargain basement buys from ilkeston town, 21k crowds, losing to crawley in the cup, losing at home to ssausagehorpe in the cup, claude davies, players that desperate to leave they climb out the toilet window, ah bliss, they were wonderful days.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
25 minutes ago, Paul71 said:

It would seem after all the positivity, ending the year in the promotion chase, only having lost 2 times, we have a promising young manager/coach and a fantastic owner, it would seem we have become a shambles....we have now lost 3 times, Mel has gone from hero to villian for doing what i cant quite work out, daring to speak up when not happy and charging a going rate for a game against one of the top teams in the world, add to that our leading scorer from the past 3 years is now pants and needs to be sold.

Oh it makes me long for the good old days of the 3 amigos, losing more games a year than we win, bottom half finishes, phil 'you dont know what your doing' brown, dean holdsowrth, kevin poole in goal, losing 5-2 to forest, thinking we had sold a good player when theo left, 50k bargain basement buys from ilkeston town, 21k crowds, losing to crawley in the cup, losing at home to ssausagehorpe in the cup, claude davies, players that desperate to leave they climb out the toilet window, ah bliss, they were wonderful days.

Aren't we signing Des Walker's lad from Ilson?

Wait a minute....... re-reads Paul's post - the bit about bargain basement buys........

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.

I don't see too many issues except that last performance being so un-derby and giving Martin a break and bent and/or Blackman a run up front. Thorne back and let's go on a run playing good football. A few wins with good form will return the rosiness 

Please remind me , How many seasons ago had we reached this stage of the season and only lost 3 times..

Are they moaning at pompey and Oxford as well, because only us and those two teams have lost 3 times. we and them have the best record in ALL divisions, and yet the wheels are off as far as some are concerned. we are only 1 point out of automatic promotion. the season is a marathon not a sprint, we will get ups and downs.. thats football, we had a bad game against reading, let the team put it right. 

42 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

Please remind me , How many seasons ago had we reached this stage of the season and only lost 3 times..

Are they moaning at pompey and Oxford as well, because only us and those two teams have lost 3 times. we and them have the best record in ALL divisions, and yet the wheels are off as far as some are concerned. we are only 1 point out of automatic promotion. the season is a marathon not a sprint, we will get ups and downs.. thats football, we had a bad game against reading, let the team put it right. 

I don't know when we last had only 3 losses at this stage of the season, but I do know when we last had this amount of points at the same stage.

2015, g/d is 3+ this season though.

47 minutes ago, BodminRam said:

No we don't, Leicester do.

Get back on track tomorrow with a good performance 

or could it be a little slide

i remember going to burnley a couple of years ago and lost. Martin sent. And that more or less blew the automatic position to go up. 

I went to boro the other week and can't help feeling the same thing is gonna happen

god. I just can't handle playoffs. This football is eating away at me now and ruining my weekends

hull win. Burnley win. Tomorrow is absolute must win well game. 

3 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Get back on track tomorrow with a good performance 

or could it be a little slide

i remember going to burnley a couple of years ago and lost. Martin sent. And that more or less blew the automatic position to go up. 

I went to boro the other week and can't help feeling the same thing is gonna happen

god. I just can't handle playoffs. This football is eating away at me now and ruining my weekends

hull win. Burnley win. Tomorrow is absolute must win well game. 

I doubt that we will ever win another game again, Mel will leave at the end of the season because he realises that Derby fans are a bunch of whiners with some sort of a morbid death wish, we find out that he had in fact lumped debt on to the club, we go into Administration, no buyer is found and liquidation is inevitable.

Should keep a few of you in whinges for a couple of months - until they put the mortgage rate up again.

Just now, eddie said:

I doubt that we will ever win another game again, Mel will leave at the end of the season because he realises that Derby fans are a bunch of whiners with some sort of a morbid death wish, we find out that he had in fact lumped debt on to the club, we go into Administration, no buyer is found and liquidation is inevitable.

Should keep a few of you in whinges for a couple of months - until they put the mortgage rate up again.

Lol

sorry to you touchy guys, don't be sensitive 

money doesn't buy success in this division remember 

merely portraying Tuesday was bloody alarming for £25million  

Just now, eddie said:

Yeah

just read my post back. I do sound a bit suicidal 

sorry

COYR

20 minutes ago, Rammy1 said:

Lol

sorry to you touchy guys, don't be sensitive 

money doesn't buy success in this division remember 

merely portraying Tuesday was bloody alarming for £25million  

Of course it wasn't alarming. Alarming is being diagnosed with a degenerative disease, learning you are going to lose your job, finding out that the price of beer is going up or that your wife is not going to leave you - that sort of thing.

It is expecting a lot for us to go up this season. Middlesboro, Burnley and Hull have kept the nucleus of their team together for 2 or 3 seasons. We have had lots of changes in a short space of time. We don't know our best team since Jan arrivals and maybe didn't know before. We don't have a settled formation and we have a rookie manager. It would be a great effort to go up this year. Next year is more likely if we keep it together.

1 minute ago, Todd Is God said:

It is expecting a lot for us to go up this season. Middlesboro, Burnley and Hull have kept the nucleus of their team together for 2 or 3 seasons. We have had lots of changes in a short space of time. We don't know our best team since Jan arrivals and maybe didn't know before. We don't have a settled formation and we have a rookie manager. It would be a great effort to go up this year. Next year is more likely if we keep it together.

That's the spirit.

It says everything when literally within 24 hours we go from 'Should we even put a full strength team out against the most successful team of the Premier League era - they're only 5th in the Premiership so that means we should beat them easily' to 'Drawing against a solid Championship team who played well when we played the worst we have all season is unacceptable. This and that player are a liability etc etc etc and should be sold immediately or failing that have their contract terminated and splurge another £10m+ rebuilding the team.' 

On one hand it p*isses me off how fickle some of our 'supporters' are but then I also feel sorry for them.  

The more i think about it, defeat tomorrow is inevitable.

the team will be wrong. The ref will be shiite. It will probably be cold. Passes will go astray. Couples who could have spent the rest of their lives together, will argue en route to the match over some silly little thing like whether it should he hendrick and johnson or butterfield and hendrick or johnson and whoever.....they'll probably never even get to the match. 

A cloud of despondency will drift across the land and all hope will slowly fade.

We will weep through the second half as a collective despair overcomes us. Johnny Russell will over hit a cross and for some poor soul in the east stand this will be the final straw. Some will fall to their knees in despair. the young will feel suddenly old and the old will feel that it is time to depart this place at least five minutes before the final whistle. 

and at the end there will be a tremendous gnashing of teeth and then darkness will descend once more.

Just saying.

Archived