Real & Atletico on the naughty step

Day

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Massive blow for Atletico at the wrong moment. They've made a really good account of themselves the past few seasons and have become a genuine force in European football. You'd expect Real to cope with this better.

Two good things to come from this - Real Madrid have to stop spending their way out of blips, and will actually have to integrate some of their youth team into the first team. Odegaard for example has half a chance of playing for Real one day now.

And secondly, this puts an end to the snooze fest of Bale/Ronaldo to United transfer rumours based on things they've said in interviews.

I doubt Real will change anything. It's two transfer windows, ie one season. They'll take this in their stride, play the same side as this season and then save up some £££ so that they can spend even more in the following transfer window.

Also doesn't apply to this window so I imagine they'll make any signings they think they'll need over the next 12 months before the end of January.

23 hours ago, Highgate said:

It's a shame if this damages Atletico, as they've made La Liga an interesting 3 team battle in the last few years.  Simeone may leave too which would probably put an end to their competitiveness

Nah it wont affect atletico according to guillem balague. They made all the signings they needed in the summer transfer window and they have one of the best academies in the world. Balague also said that this will in fact do the opposite regarding simeone because he will be excited at the possibility of developing these players without the risk of losing them(they won't sell if they cant buy). They are in negotiations with griezmann over a new contract and extending his buy out clause to 100 million. This may also benefit real madrid because their players will be adapted at the start of the next season without needing a settling in period. Must be truly terrible only having ronaldo,benzema,james,isco,bale,modric,kroos et al

15 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Nah it wont affect atletico according to guillem balague. They made all the signings they needed in the summer transfer window and they have one of the best academies in the world. Balague also said that this will in fact do the opposite regarding simeone because he will be excited at the possibility of developing these players without the risk of losing them(they won't sell if they cant buy). They are in negotiations with griezmann over a new contract and extending his buy out clause to 100 million. This may also benefit real madrid because their players will be adapted at the start of the next season without needing a settling in period. Must be truly terrible only having ronaldo,benzema,james,isco,bale,modric,kroos et al

Oh, well if Balague said so, it must be true.

1 hour ago, McLovin said:

It's true though to be fair. If simeone leaves atletico this summer, i will leave this forum forever. That's how confident i am that it is not happening

Bit of a gamble. I'm sure Balague has got the most up to date information at the moment, but who knows what will happen in the in the next few months if someone offers Simeone stupid money.  People can change their mind.

Real definitely have the squad to cope, as i think will Atleti if Simeone stays.  The ban certainly didn't affect Barca too much.

Archived