Alex Pearce to be loaned out?

admira

Reading FC make enquiry to sign Derby County man on loan

Sky Bet Championship side Reading have made an enquiry over the availability of Derby County defender Alex Pearce on loan, according to HITC reporter Tom Thorogood.

The 27-year-old joined the Rams from Reading last summer after he refused a new contract at the club, signing a three year deal at the iPro.

However, the Republic of Ireland international's move Northwards has blown up in his face, only making one appearance in half a season - a start in the Capital One Cup in a defeat against Portsmouth, failing to make an appearance in the league  

His lack of showing for Derby has seemingly sparked interest from former club Reading.

The Royals have recently reappointed Brian McDermott as manager, who is known for his admiration of Pearce, and tried to sign him whilst at Leeds United.

They've subsequently enquired into taking him on loan, but would probably have to get rid of one of their six loanees before making a move. 

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply
PistoldPete2
Just now, YouRams said:

Strange one with Pearce, not even making our bench. Id rather have him than Shotton in the squad. The only thing Shotton has over Pearce is he can fill in at right back. But if Baird is on the bench that position is covered by him.

Baird is also filling in as DM cover so maybe Clem wants shotton as cover for RB and CB, just in case we get two injuries in the game which has happened more than once this year. 

Agree with last few comments. Let him go out on Loan with the option to recall. That way if we did have to recall him at least he'd have games under his belt. He's still the best CD back up we have at the club.

1 hour ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Baird is also filling in as DM cover so maybe Clem wants shotton as cover for RB and CB, just in case we get two injuries in the game which has happened more than once this year. 

True, but when Thorne got injured against Boro he chose Hendrick instead anyway.

I find it very odd Pearce doesn't get on the bench. Shotton there is a liability as we've seen almost every time he's played there.

1 minute ago, Stedcfc said:

True, but when Thorne got injured against Boro he chose Hendrick instead anyway.

I find it very odd Pearce doesn't get on the bench. Shotton there is a liability as we've seen almost every time he's played there.

I thought Shotton did well versus Leeds.

Send him out on loan? Are you all mad?  Shacks has an ankle problem, and Bucko is yet to prove he is anywhere fit enough to come back in.  I know that leaves Shotton and Baird, but Pearce I think has to be first pick if either Keogh or Shackell are unavailable for selection. Accordingly he should stay and be trained/drilled with the squad.

Isn't this Tom guy, the one who has had around 10 million visitors to his site, so he must be a well respected and very rich journalist.

Wonder why they didn't ask for it to be part of the Blackman deal if they are that keen....

2 hours ago, PistoldPete2 said:

Its rare and very unlucky for that to happen though. Id rather have the quality CB and the utility man Baird. Pearce might not be impressing in training which could be another factor. Shotton scares the life out of me sometimes, for all the good he does he has one mega mistake in him. Seems to unsettle Keogh when he/s alongside him too.

10 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Isn't this Tom guy, the one who has had around 10 million visitors to his site, so he must be a well respected and very rich journalist.

Wonder why they didn't ask for it to be part of the Blackman deal if they are that keen....

Do I sense some incredulity with this post Leeds? HITC are sometimes ITK. But most often ITG (in to guesswork).

how people are saying Pearce is definitely our best CB backup? he can't get anywhere near the first team, can't even get past an apparantly 'awful' shotton onto the bench. weve seen him play one game, where incidentally we lost to a league 2 side.

Archived