Ross Mccormack

ColchesterRam

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We don't need anymore players. We need to offload before we improve on positions. The squad is too large. We just need PC to stop his tinkering and stick to a formation and a team. 

What's plan B?  Make sure that its  plan A and work bloody hard at it. 

36 minutes ago, McLovin said:

I read somewhere that you're getting rid of Kike to fund the Mcormack deal, is this true and does Adomah still want to leave? Whenever I have seen both players play they have performed well, I personally believe that they fit perfectly into your system.

That is what has been reported yes, Kike hasnt set the world on fire but is well liked on teesside, If he played in a tean playing 442 I think he could do well, as for Albert he looks happy right now but he is a right winger and playing on the left under AK..bit mad really because we have downing in the middle but better on the left and stuani on the right and better as a centre forward..if we played stuani up front , Albert on the right and Downing on the left then I dont even think we would need McCormack.

7 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Boro going for quality not quantity .

Yes signing two proven quality players, especially with McCormak, now Austins gone to southampton is the championships best striker. Been in a poor team for two seasons and still has got goals.

Whilst I don't think McCormack is the sort of player we should be signing it feels like if Boro buy him then that's that for first place. 

Personally I'd rather stay down this season and build the team on solid foundations rather than players that will be going down hill within a couple of seasons. 

17 hours ago, King Kevin said:

Boro going for quality not quantity .

9 hours ago, mozza said:

exactly what we should be doing , but aren't..

That's a bit harsh. Yes we've bought a lot in but we needed some quantity at the back end of last season as the squad was looking thin for cover.

Are you saying Butterfield isn't a quality signing? Carson? Johnson? Shackell? No quality there?

We spent £10 million on the last day of the Aug window so we were unlikely to go big in January.

We've got plenty of quality in the squad, it just needs moulding correctly.

1 hour ago, VulcanRam said:

That's a bit harsh. Yes we've bought a lot in but we needed some quantity at the back end of last season as the squad was looking thin for cover.

Are you saying Butterfield isn't a quality signing? Carson? Johnson? Shackell? No quality there?

We spent £10 million on the last day of the Aug window so we were unlikely to go big in January.

We've got plenty of quality in the squad, it just needs moulding correctly.

Buying in bulk is bound to produce a mix of decent / not so decent players.

We need to be more selective , build for the long term , not make panic buys on players

who are no better than ones we already have in house , so to speak .. 

i love Butters , Johnson , Carson and Shacks , they fit in , a lot of other signings don't .

anyway , i'm off to get some round pegs , i've got a lot of square holes i need to fill..

Archived