Benik Afobe

peachmyster

Derby County are reportedly planning a club-record bid to land Wolverhampton Wanderers striker Benik Afobe. The 22-year-old has scored 22 times in 46 league appearances since joining the Midlands side from Arsenal in January 2015 and has been tipped for a switch back to the top flight. Norwich City were in hot pursuit of Afobe in the summer window, having three bids rejected including a top offer of £10m. Now the Rams are considering a club-record transfer bid, according to The Sun's Alan Nixon, as they look to secure promotion in the second half of the Championship campaign. The most Derby are thought to have previously paid for a player is £6m for midfielder Bradley Johnson in September 2015. Wolves, who sit seven points off the playoff places, are currently up for sale by owner Steve Morgan. Read more at: https://tr.im/JHWHo

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I went on Friday to the Brighton v Wolves game. He was absolutely terrible. Hadn't a clue. Too small to win any headers. Was substituted. 

Bruno in the right wing back position on the other hand for Brighton was immense

14 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Well, I went on Friday to the Brighton v Wolves game. He was absolutely terrible. Hadn't a clue. Too small to win any headers. Was substituted. 

Bruno in the right wing back position on the other hand for Brighton was immense

I watched it on telly. Didn't think he was that bad. He was most likely substituted because he was knackered. 

He's the sixth top scorer in England for 2015. I think that says more about his ability than playing in a struggling team in a tough away game against a promotion contender.

According to Wikipedia he's 2cm shorter than Martin.

41 minutes ago, StringerBell said:

The rumours about chris are true then

......if he's 2cm longer than a black man.

Think I must have been watching someone else then because the Afobe I watched lost possession nearly every time he had the ball and won only one header ( against Dunk admittedly hence the "he was too short" bit.) had heard of our interest so noted him especially. The Brighton fans around me were laughing at him and the Wolves fans were groaning.  Think it was the "I" newspaper that commented on his poor game. Just might have had an off day of course. He was substituted because he was having a poor game against a pretty good defence. 

7 minutes ago, Strange yearnings said:

Think I must have been watching someone else then because the Afobe I watched lost possession nearly every time he had the ball and won only one header ( against Dunk admittedly hence the "he was too short" bit.) had heard of our interest so noted him especially. The Brighton fans around me were laughing at him and the Wolves fans were groaning.  Think it was the "I" newspaper that commented on his poor game. Just might have had an off day of course. He was substituted because he was having a poor game against a pretty good defence. 

Holding the ball up isn't his strong point but from what I saw he held it up initially but struggled to find a teammate. But then Wolves seemed to be camped out in their own half. Even their wide players didn't seem to be in a rush to get forward never mind their midfielders. He looked a very isolated figure feeding off scraps to me. A couple of times he took up a great position in the box and his teammates couldn't get the ball to him. I don't think he was awful, I think Wolves were awful. Somehow they won though.

25 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

I'll give £10 to charity if we sign this player in January. 

Considering that Wolves rejected £10m for him from Norwich in the summer then why would they sell him to someone in the same league in January? It just another Alan Nixon big signing boIlocks. 

Since rejecting that first offer the owner has announced he intends to sell the club. Could be a nice £10 million bonus for him on top of what he receives for the club sale.

1 hour ago, StringerBell said:

I watched it on telly. Didn't think he was that bad. He was most likely substituted because he was knackered. 

He's the sixth top scorer in England for 2015. I think that says more about his ability than playing in a struggling team in a tough away game against a promotion contender.

black men are usually more endowed?

Archived