When will Brighton win?

Day

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Remember when Boro played Brighton and nobody wanted a Brighton defeat so we could go top. I wanted them to lose as ending their unbeaten run was more important.

Look what's happened since the Boro defeat.

I'm not right all the time, just 99.9% of the time.

7 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Remember when Boro played Brighton and nobody wanted a Brighton defeat so we could go top. I wanted them to lose as ending their unbeaten run was more important.

Look what's happened since the Boro defeat.

I'm not right all the time, just 99.9% of the time.

What is going to happen with Hull that's a bigger worry for me .

We can't rely on other teams losing though we need to do it for ourselves.

1 hour ago, curtains said:

What is going to happen with Hull that's a bigger worry for me .

We can't rely on other teams losing though we need to do it for ourselves.

We're perfectly capable of losing already.

Yes Brighton have certainly hit a bad patch recently, but I read the other day they do have 7 of the 11 players who started the first half of the season so well all out injured. But remember we've spent nearly £25 Million & have 48 points after 25 games, they've spent less the £6 Million & have 44 points after 25 games. Does spending big always bring success ?.

1 hour ago, TETRA said:

Yes Brighton have certainly hit a bad patch recently, but I read the other day they do have 7 of the 11 players who started the first half of the season so well all out injured. But remember we've spent nearly £25 Million & have 48 points after 25 games, they've spent less the £6 Million & have 44 points after 25 games. Does spending big always bring success ?.

http://www.whoscored.com/Matches/958440/Live/England-Championship-2015-2016-Brighton-Nottingham-Forest

Verified. Six teamers out injured from starting match at Forest, plus one substitute. Also, Solly March was injured v Forest and now out for the season, so that is seven first choice players out. 

7 hours ago, TETRA said:

It doesn't but if that additional investment of £19m gives you an extra 4 points and those 4 points (or even 1 point) makes the difference between automatic promotion and the playoffs, then it's worth it.

3 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

All going wrong. :(

It goes wrong for every team at some stage, its a matter of getting out of the rut as soon as possible. I am sure your team wont go on another 21 match unbeaten run. I also feel M'boro will have a bad patch at some stage as well. Some Derby fans are currently not happy with our form, but for a team not playing as well as some fans expect. Look at what we have done so far, 2nd in the table, the least defeats and still in most fans eyes still to hit our peak. Barring lots of key injuries we will make it to the Premier league. 

12 hours ago, SimonBHA said:

All going wrong. :(

Difficult to judge on a few SSN clips, but the centre of Brightons defence for Rotherham 2nd looked very incohesive. Like us towards end of last season. Is there a consensus view of whats going wrong for Brighton - eg accumulation of injuries meaning everyone who's left is knackered as they cant be rested?

tho looking at us, we get worse after we rest players it seems!

2 hours ago, HantsRam said:

Difficult to judge on a few SSN clips, but the centre of Brightons defence for Rotherham 2nd looked very incohesive. Like us towards end of last season. Is there a consensus view of whats going wrong for Brighton - eg accumulation of injuries meaning everyone who's left is knackered as they cant be rested?

tho looking at us, we get worse after we rest players it seems!

Injuries and fatigue to begin with - plus some tough games. We were only a minute or so away from wins at Derby and QPR but conceeded late in both. Last night though we'd had a bit of rest, a couple of debutants and LuaLua/Baldock back on the bench as they return from injury. Hard to make excuses for last night, we had a decent starting XI and bench and didn't play well enough. Hughton was livid, press in next room to dressing room could hear him bollocking the players after the game.

Archived