World Junior hockey

dabber

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Posh Ram said:

@Cisse any thoughts on Aleksi Saarela? Rangers prospect, hear he's doing well

I like him and think he has the tools to go far. He is actually very much like his dad used to be as a player.

He has a good wrist shot and a decent slap shot. He moves pretty well and offensively can read the game pretty good too. He ain't big but he is strong and I suspect that he will get much stronger. His dad was kind of like Rod Brind'amour body double and I assume Aleksi is going the same way.

The early games this season didn't thrill me but he has gotten much better in last couple of months. I think he can make it big if he trains with the right attitude, can handle the pressure and avoid bad injuries.

56 minutes ago, Cisse said:

I like him and think he has the tools to go far. He is actually very much like his dad used to be as a player.

He has a good wrist shot and a decent slap shot. He moves pretty well and offensively can read the game pretty good too. He ain't big but he is strong and I suspect that he will get much stronger. His dad was kind of like Rod Brind'amour body double and I assume Aleksi is going the same way.

The early games this season didn't thrill me but he has gotten much better in last couple of months. I think he can make it big if he trains with the right attitude, can handle the pressure and avoid bad injuries.

Great info, thanks.

56 minutes ago, Cisse said:

Finland won in over time. Pretty happy about it. :)

I was following on line as stuck at work. Can't believe the Russians tied it up with 6 seconds left but great to win it in OT, must be great to win it at home!

14 minutes ago, dabber said:

I was following on line as stuck at work. Can't believe the Russians tied it up with 6 seconds left but great to win it in OT, must be great to win it at home!

It is always different to win at home. Experienced it twice in the stands in ice hockey and four times in American football. In team sports.

Archived