S/Africa v England

Ovis aries

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

They would not be if Cook had not declared, and I am

NOT talking after I said this at the time

In Cooks defense he was trying to win the game by declaring and then bowling SA out twice. 

Well that's the theory anyhow. .

England 142-6 now which is a slight recovery 

Bairstow and  Moeen Ali doing ok .

7 minutes ago, curtains said:

In Cooks defense he was trying to win the game by declaring and then bowling SA out twice. 

Well that's the theory anyhow. .

England 142-6 now which is a slight recovery 

Bairstow and  Moeen Ali doing ok .

Sure, but you have got to think England would have gone way past 700 and still had three days or more to bowl them out, and could have selected very attacking fields.

Of coarse you then have to hold you catches, have we really missed TEN

8 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Sure, but you have got to think England would have gone way past 700 and still had three days or more to bowl them out, and could have selected very attacking fields.

Of coarse you then have to hold you catches, have we really missed TEN

Bairstow just survived massive stumping appeal 

Huge relief for England  

England 151-6 and weather turning 

You know your cricket m8 

Unusual occurrence in South Africa's first innings - all 11 batsmen scored double figures, yet nobody managed a 50.

I'm willing to bet that hasn't happened very often in the entire history of test cricket.

Checking:

It is absolutely unique. This is the 13th occasion that all batsmen have made double figures at least, and on 7 or 8 occasions at least one player has made a century, and on all other occasions, at least one player has made a half century.

Just now, eddie said:

Unusual occurrence in South Africa's first innings - all 11 batsmen scored double figures, yet nobody managed a 50.

I'm willing to bet that hasn't happened very often in the entire history of test cricket.

Checking:

It is absolutely unique. This is the 13th occasion that all batsmen have made double fgures at least, and on 7 or 8 occasions at least one player has made a century, and on all other occasions, at least one player has made a half century.

Lowest score ever I believe too, when everyone has made at least double figures.

34 minutes ago, Srg said:

Lowest score ever I believe too, when everyone has made at least double figures.

Also the second-highest score without a 50.

If Bairstow gets going tomorrow morning, with 27 overs until the new ball can be taken, there could be carnage.

On the other hand, South Africa could bounce back, just like they did in the second test. They were mighty relieved when bad light sent the teams off - chance to re-group.

Archived