Callum McManaman

admira

West Brom’s Callum McManaman is a January transfer target for Derby County, the Telegraph reports.

McManaman has struggled with the Baggies since making the switch from Wigan Athletic last January, making just 20 appearances and failing to yet score a goal.

He has started only two Premier League games this term, with Tony Pulis favouring other options, and the Baggies’ boss is keen to offload him in January to free up space in his squad for further strengthening.

The report claims that Derby County want to bring him to the iPro Stadium to further improve their promotion bid, whilst Bournemouth are also keen on a £3 million bid for the winger. Swansea City and Hull City are also named in the report as being keen on the 24-year-old.

Pulis is said to be willing to accept roughly £3 million for the winger, as the Baggies paid a similar fee to bring him to the Hawthorns last season.

There are no indications as to who Pulis wants to bring in to replace McManaman should the Englishman depart next month.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2015/12/17/report-derby-county-interested-in-january-move-for-callum-mcmana/

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, AnimalisaRam said:

I was surprised he was only 24. Seems to have been around for ages.

Excellent addition to the wingers, would it be the beginning of the end for Johnny Russell? 

We're seeing players like Junior Stanislas and Josh King perform in the PL, I'm sure a player as popular as Russell will stick around as part of the squad if we go up.

Same goes for Forsyth, Christie, Grant etc.

They not only deserve a shot at the PL, they're good enough to serve as back-up's or competitors for places in the team.

1 hour ago, Leicester Ram said:

We're seeing players like Junior Stanislas and Josh King perform in the PL, I'm sure a player as popular as Russell will stick around as part of the squad if we go up.

Same goes for Forsyth, Christie, Grant etc.

They not only deserve a shot at the PL, they're good enough to serve as back-up's or competitors for places in the team.

Says more about the quality of the Premier League these days than it does about Russell. If we go up, the job's never been easier.

21 minutes ago, Duracell said:

Says more about the quality of the Premier League these days than it does about Russell. If we go up, the job's never been easier.

You can look at it like that, a lot of players have the talent but might never find the right team or system to implement it in. Look at Vardy.

But if you're talking bout me, you've got a hashtag problem.

Archived