Solly March

WystonRam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Shows how much we as football fans know about the game, everyone virtually booed the lad down the tunnel thinking he was faking the whole thing

It looked a bad injury at the time  

I think the lad had been down for along time prior to going down again but I didn't boo and I don't think it's fair to say Football fans in general don't know much about the game  

Hes arguably Brightons best player but good luck to the lad in his recovery. 

12 minutes ago, RamLad1884 said:

Shows how much we as football fans know about the game, everyone virtually booed the lad down the tunnel thinking he was faking the whole thing

Had the Brighton players not been dropping like flies when a hair was pushed out of place there wouldn't have been any booing.

the-boy-who-cried-wolf_02.jpg

49 minutes ago, Daveo said:

Had the Brighton players not been dropping like flies when a hair was pushed out of place there wouldn't have been any booing.

It is slightly different getting annoyed if a player is down to still having boos ringing out as the stretcher is carrying off. I was ashamed when I heard the boos for a 21 year old lad who it is now known had suffered a career ending injury.

If you were down in general pain would you be comforted by a few thousand idiots, because that's what they are, booing you? I certainly wouldn't.

Just now, Kernow said:

It is slightly different getting annoyed if a player is down to still having boos ringing out as the stretcher is carrying off. I was ashamed when I heard the boos for a 21 year old lad who it is now known had suffered a career ending injury.

If you were down in general pain would you be comforted by a few thousand idiots, because that's what they are, booing you? I certainly wouldn't.

Think it was just built up frustration, having the game stopped every few minutes, wanted him off so we could get on with the game. Not saying it was right but I understand the reaction.

Just now, Daveo said:

Think it was just built up frustration, having the game stopped every few minutes, wanted him off so we could get on with the game. Not saying it was right but I understand the reaction.

I understand the reaction if he had just went down. There was no big tackle causing it so people may have thought he was putting on. A few minutes later he went down again, then the stretcher came on. I don't understand why the boos would then continue when it's evident he was seriously hurt.

Feel sorry for the player but not the club - injuries happen so you just get on with things which I'm sure Brighton will. Booing him off the pitch when being carried off on a stretcher was embarrassing to us as a club, no matter what had gone on before with their diving and play-acting.

We've been without Thorne for more games than he's played for us, Will's out for most of this season and now Fozzy. Deal with it, that's what squads are for.

8 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Not as if we knew that it was career threatening at the time

It did look bad though, and I do agree with @Kernow. Booing a player that's actually injured is, as @Daveo says is a result of the boy who cried wolf, and understandable. But STILL booing him as a stretcher carries him down the tunnel is awful.

2 hours ago, LesterRam said:

we lost two of our most influential players within 30 minutes of the season starting, its life unfortunately, they were lucky last night against QPR.

yes we did, and replaced them with 10 million of talent. Some would say we are trying to buy the league.

12 hours ago, Daveo said:

Spot on, regularly happened when we had good stretches of possession etc. It's obviously a tactic they have used this season. When they fail to break up passages of play they go down like theirs a sniper in the stadium. 

Its unfortunate for the lad agreed but when his teammates cry wolf as often as the do and did, the response to his injury wasn't unwarranted in the outset. 

Hope he gets back to full fitness soon though. 

1 hour ago, Ted McMinn Football Genius said:

Spot on, regularly happened when we had good stretches of possession etc. It's obviously a tactic they have used this season. When they fail to break up passages of play they go down like theirs a sniper in the stadium. 

Its unfortunate for the lad agreed but when his teammates cry wolf as often as the do and did, the response to his injury wasn't unwarranted in the outset. 

Hope he gets back to full fitness soon though. 

It's not happened before this season and it's not a tactic. 

Archived