Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

On 4 January 2016 at 17:04, McLovin said:

Depression is not a nice thing to suffer at all. Really annoys me when people say they're feeling depressed. They don't know what it is like to suffer true depression.

This annoys me.

People who say others don't know what being depressed is.

My ex business partner who used to bellow at me "you don't know what depression is mate" if I ever intimated that I was feeling a bit down and things were getting on top of me.

Its people like him who make others not ask for help.  

Everyones situation is different, I don't think its a competition on who's the most depressed.  What can trigger one person will be water off a ducks back to others.

The short daylight hours are a massive contribution to. They certainly effect me.

3 minutes ago, Boycie said:

This annoys me.

People who say others don't know what being depressed is.

My ex business partner who used to bellow at me "you don't know what depression is mate" if I ever intimated that I was feeling a bit down and things were getting on top of me.

Its people like him who make others not ask for help.  

Everyones situation is different, I don't think its a competition on who's the most depressed.  What can trigger one person will be water off a ducks back to others.

The short daylight hours are a massive contribution to. They certainly effect me.

I'm referring to people who they are depressed over little things. For example saying they're depressed just because they lost a game of fifa or because a fast food restaurant were late to serve them. Little things like that.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

@Daveo recommended some vitamin b. The Xmas break was important for me as I got some sleep (was sleeping 3/4 hours per day for 3 weeks before that.)

Having two kids kept me busy and I've watched a ridiculous amount of football. Helps switch off, as does posting on here. 

While not feeling to happy about the now, I think I can cope with it. A few weeks ago I wanted a way out. Needed a way out. Now, I'd quite like an escape and that time machine but don't feel so desperate. 

Whether it was this thread, this forum, kind words from @uttoxram75, @i-Ram ,  @rynny, the vitamins, the sleep, reading the experiences of @Mafiabob, @Mostyn6, @SaintRam, @Phoenix, @Paul71, @ketteringram and everyone else who posted in here that I've read but can't keep typing @name...

it's looking less grey. 

Hope you had a good Xmas @Red_Dawn. Its a weird time of year. Some people forget their troubles and some can't cope with them at Xmas

Anytime mate

32 minutes ago, EastHertsRam said:

I found vitamin D really beneficial when I was on permanent nights, I'd recommend it.

Yeah, I work nights. Not sure what it is that's working for me. But feel less drained. See what happens now I'm back at work. 

But they're cheap and worth a shot. Even if it's all in your head that they're helping, if it works...

• 2 weeks later...

so, just to give an update to the hordes of you that messaged me privately, and here publicly, with your concerns and support.

I shelled out £400 on a pretty damned good treadmill from Argos (Reebok ZR9 if you're after a bargain!), and burned off a few calories putting the bloody thing together. I've had three workouts in 3 days and my calves are a bit tight, but I can already feel that I am feeling a bit...no, quite a lot better about myself.

I also got hold of Vitamin D tablets, which have definitely, without doubt, given me more energy in the office at work.

I saw this article today:- http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/jan/18/sad-exercise-antidepressants and made me think about writing this.

So, firstly, I'm not too proud to admit I took the advice from posters on here, and secondly, thanks to anyone in here who gave a ****, cos I do about others, and it gave me a little bit of a boost that people didn't just slate me for starting this thread.

Here's to better times x