Moist One

Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Can’t think what I’d do without these two... they really are the best, as much as I’ve rescued them they’ve rescued me! Anyone struggling I can not recommend a pet enough, gives you responsibility and something to get up for, gives you unconditional love and accepts you for who you are, they really are the best.

6810EC4A-C886-4243-848B-E3FFF14851E9.jpeg

On 09/03/2019 at 21:45, Ramslad1992 said:

Can’t think what I’d do without these two... they really are the best, as much as I’ve rescued them they’ve rescued me! Anyone struggling I can not recommend a pet enough, gives you responsibility and something to get up for, gives you unconditional love and accepts you for who you are, they really are the best.

6810EC4A-C886-4243-848B-E3FFF14851E9.jpeg

Since watching Afterlife i have applied to volunteer at the local rescue centre as a dog walker.

Hopefully as an opportunity to give back to the animal which gives us humans so much. Don't have a dog myself but when my son (and possibly one more child) get a bit older i will be all over it.

38 minutes ago, Smyth_18 said:

Since watching Afterlife i have applied to volunteer at the local rescue centre as a dog walker.

Hopefully as an opportunity to give back to the animal which gives us humans so much. Don't have a dog myself but when my son (and possibly one more child) get a bit older i will be all over it.

My old dog died about 5 years ago and I didn’t want another one so soon so I did the exact same thing. Went every Sunday morning to walk a few rescue dogs and ended up bringing these two home with me, I like to think I chose them but didn’t really have a choice! Every child needs to have a dog at some point 😊

2 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

Deliberately taking a hammer to long standing relationships, ignoring my family, drinking far too much.

I know I'm doing it, but I'm not sure I care.

I don't think it's mental either, just who I am.

It's hard to get a handle on who people really are without actually meeting them but you definitely don't come across how you (currently) view yourself. Folk like the man you describe don't have families or longstanding friendships to 'take a hammer to' so most likely this is rooted in something other than just who you are. I'd try talking to someone. There could be all manner of reasons why you're feeling off-kilter right now other than those you've assumed. Hope you feel better soon in any case mate and sorry if this all sounds a tad pithy, but I didn't want to leave your post unanswered. 

8 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

Deliberately taking a hammer to long standing relationships, ignoring my family, drinking far too much.

Hard to respond with anything meaningful, i do know how you feel, i was so low a year or so ago.

It wont be who you are I am sure of it, there has to be a trigger for your feelings somewhere even if you arent sure what it is.

Dont be afraid to go talk to your GP, best thing i ever did almost breaking down in front of mine, a massive weight off my shoulders someone taking time to help me rather than those that say 'sort yourself out'.

17 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

this sadden me revel, not least because as meaningless as it is to you, you've been my favourite poster on this forum for a good few years now, and when I've been really low, many of your posts have made me smile.

I can't answer for your issues, but awareness, as I am consistently convinced,  is the start of a recovery. and alcohol is the fuel for lots of misery, especially if it's chemically enhanced lagers brewed in the UK (such as Stella).

I imagine if you can sustain a couple of weeks off the drink, even if you're not a big drinker, and replace it with something rewarding, like cycling or jogging, or even reading a book or two, I would wager a massive swing in mentality.

Again, I know things are easier said than done. I just hope that you can get yourself right before you do anything you cannot repair.

If you need to vent, feel free to PM me mate. I know you probably won't, but the offer, and the respect is and always will be there pal.

Edited by Moist One
missed words

I was totallly ignorant about this stuff and didnt ever think I’d be in this boat, but life throws stuff at you that you’d never expect. It’s a horrible place to be at times but I have the love of good people close to me so it helps. 

Anyone else struggling nothing much I can say, just talk and don’t bottle it up X 

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

The drinking never helps... but it will get better mate, always here for a chat if you need it 👍.

21 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

What's up, brother? 

Chuck the words down on here and let's have a look how ducked up you are. 

For me when summer goes my sanity goes with it but this time of year I start growing back into a human. 

Would be good to swim in your mess. You're alright. Nearly like you. 

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

If you need a break to get away, two nights free of charge in a south coast Resthome is available to you. I thought about three, but not if you drinking far too much. Don’t bring that new recipe book you’ve been working through. You need some good comfort food buddy.

22 hours ago, reveldevil said:

Struggling.

Sad to hear that chap, one of the best posters on here and a delight to meet in real life. I guess many of us have a self destructive streak in one form or another, but it isn't you per se, it is a manifestation of a mental health issue. As many of others have said, always here for a PM if you want to.   

34 minutes ago, Alpha said:

What's up, brother? 

Chuck the words down on here and let's have a look how ducked up you are. 

For me when summer goes my sanity goes with it but this time of year I start growing back into a human. 

Would be good to swim in your mess. You're alright. Nearly like you. 

I can't put my thoughts into a coherent post. 

I know what you mean about the sun on your back, I feel much better waking up and going home in sunlight too.

I just feel atm like I could not talk to another person for the rest of my life and it wouldn't bother me.

You're one of the main reasons i love being on this website,  i'm sorry you're going through a rough patch, rev, there's a lot of good people on here rooting for you mate. Stay strong bud.

10 minutes ago, reveldevil said:

I can't put my thoughts into a coherent post. 

I know what you mean about the sun on your back, I feel much better waking up and going home in sunlight too.

I just feel atm like I could not talk to another person for the rest of my life and it wouldn't bother me.

I went though exactly this end of November and into December. I was aware it was happening, and just needed the time to pass and things to fall into their place. I deleted all social media, logged out of everything, didn't speak to anyone. Turned my mobile off, and bizarrely bought some pencils, crayons, geometry stuff and a pad, and doodled nonsense with music on. Eventually, my mind switched back on. I cannot explain it right now. But I was literally not bothered about anyone except my mum and gran for about 3 weeks. I then felt guilt when I realised how worried people had been cos of me, but I was not apologetic. I was very teary though and couldn't express what I was going through.

If you're going through similar, I can feel your pain. It makes no sense does it.