Moist One

Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Luckily Billy seems ok but what hurts is having to sit him in front of the TV or scrolling through YouTube because we're incapable of looking after him properly.

Billy will be fine, this is what happens to me when the missus is at work during the day and I’m alright.

Just make sure you’ve got it on kids mode, some weird places on YouTube that you can end up.

7 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Anxiety has struck me again unfortunately. Since Friday I've been struck down with the worst flu I have ever experienced. To top it off our 21 month old was being sick everywhere Saturday night and high temp. Took him to hospital Sunday and he has an ear infection. The wife is also bedridden with an ear infection.

Luckily Billy seems ok but what hurts is having to sit him in front of the TV or scrolling through YouTube because we're incapable of looking after him properly.

Also, I've never had more than 2 days off work and I've been off since Friday lunch. I feel like I am letting people down & it's not going down well, although they sound pretty understanding.

Balderdash!

Looks to me like you're coping remarkably well with everything you've got to contend with this week.

You're a loyal worker and responsible parent, clearly. Stop beating yourself up for a minute and give yourself a pat on the back instead. Billy isn't going to be scarred by Cbeebies/whatever for a few days til you get back on your feet, fella.

Just wanted to say anxiety and depression very common after flu particularly if you are prone to mental health issues. Don't worry about having time off work or letting the little one watch TV. Put your needs first for a bit. As a family you are part of a team and everyone is important including you. Have you tried magnesium supplements. They do help and can be taken with prescription medication too. Vitamin B supplements are good too. Hope you feel better soon - anxiety is horrible.

I respect that posting on here is a very personal matter, and timing is to a degree affected by current state of mind. I would be comforted though if @AshfieldRam, @Moist One and @ronnieronalde might sometime soon let us know there is more light since the turn of the year. Good to see the latter two posting from time to time. Stay strong you Rams, and Ronnie!

10 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

I respect that posting on here is a very personal matter, and timing is to a degree affected by current state of mind. I would be comforted though if @AshfieldRam, @Moist One and @ronnieronalde might sometime soon let us know there is more light since the turn of the year. Good to see the latter two posting from time to time. Stay strong you Rams, and Ronnie!

My foot is better and Christmas is done and dusted. I’m able to exercise frequently and have been for the last three weeks. Whilst I still have isolation and loneliness issues. I don’t feel like jumping in front of a truck right now. Thanks for asking x

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Good lad mate, thanks 

For some reason on here, even though people know who I am in real life, I feel I can answer honestly a question my mates ask and I don't want to tell them the truth.

I'm ducked, totally ducked but I'm hanging on by whatever thread i can find each day.

To be wobbling this badly in public is horrible and I'm wondering how it's going to pan out IF I can fix myself. 

There are those who have little enough respect for me already, without me confining their suspicions.

I'm recordong A LOT of video where I'm talking to myself but story telling, dont know how or even if I'll upload them, it's therapeutic and it's there as an explanation IF things don't change

You're a top man for asking, I know a while back I rowed with a couple of people I didn't ever want to row with and you sage rynny and revel are high on that list .as is David who eve when I don't try, I offend.

Top people, top place irrespective of the negatives and some of those i caused myself.

Good luck today ladies and gents, I'd be happier to log on tonight with you through and us having beaten Bradford.

11 minutes ago, ronnieronalde said:

Good lad mate, thanks 

For some reason on here, even though people know who I am in real life, I feel I can answer honestly a question my mates ask and I don't want to tell them the truth.

I'm ducked, totally ducked but I'm hanging on by whatever thread i can find each day.

To be wobbling this badly in public is horrible and I'm wondering how it's going to pan out IF I can fix myself. 

There are those who have little enough respect for me already, without me confining their suspicions.

I'm recordong A LOT of video where I'm talking to myself but story telling, dont know how or even if I'll upload them, it's therapeutic and it's there as an explanation IF things don't change

You're a top man for asking, I know a while back I rowed with a couple of people I didn't ever want to row with and you sage rynny and revel are high on that list .as is David who eve when I don't try, I offend.

Top people, top place irrespective of the negatives and some of those i caused myself.

Good luck today ladies and gents, I'd be happier to log on tonight with you through and us having beaten Bradford.

You are far too hard on yourself Ronnie. If you’ve rowed with me, I can’t remember or it was of such consequence that l have forgotten.  A bit of rough and tumble keeps the blood moving buddy, and I very much doubt that any of those you mention don’t respect you (they simply might not see eye to eye with you on a few things). Such is life. Hang tough, and keep posting.

On 26/01/2019 at 09:01, i-Ram said:

Thank you for asking. 

I'm still not fully okay. I will admit things have got a little bit better now but things got a lot worse for me in the new year. When the festive period was over, I was able to speak properly to a mental health charity who dug a little deeper into what was triggering all this. Turns out, i had suppressed some trauma from my childhood so much that something inside me just snapped and bought all this emotional distress on. I was referred to the Crisis team who visited me at home a few times a week to check on my well being and to make sure i wasn't in any danger. I've now been signed off by these but have to wait 4 weeks until i can access CBT.

I've managed to do a couple of hours at work on the odd occasions, and i'm extremely thankful that my boss has been supportive throughout. 

I'm currently scheduled to have therapy sessions with 2 different charities as well as the fore mentioned CBT.

I'm by no means fixed and even as early as this morning i broke down in tears but i'm starting to edge towards slight normality. I'm now realising that there is help for me and the level of support i'm getting from my Girlfriend, Family and Friends is incredible. I feel like there's hope again. 

On ‎10‎/‎01‎/‎2019 at 19:06, Dappled Ram said:

Just wanted to say anxiety and depression very common after flu particularly if you are prone to mental health issues. Don't worry about having time off work or letting the little one watch TV. Put your needs first for a bit. As a family you are part of a team and everyone is important including you. Have you tried magnesium supplements. They do help and can be taken with prescription medication too. Vitamin B supplements are good too. Hope you feel better soon - anxiety is horrible.

I've been taking magnesium tablets for a couple of weeks and it's worked really well for me. Maybe it's a placebo effect. It's meant to relax the muscles and reduce tension, a cause of anxiety.

I was at the Hull game and all of a sudden when I sat down, I felt my symptoms of a panic attack growing. I thought for 5 mins oh no not now. Thankfully nothing happened. I'm wondering if the adrenaline rush causes me to panic sometimes.

in no way am I trivialising the issues we have all faced, BUT, I am beginning to think there's a correlation of my happiness and mood versus Derby County's form! It seems when I am miserable and in a bad place, the Mighty Rams are unstoppable. When I am content with life and feeling a bit decent about myself, Derby County become clueless!

Anyway, hope all is well for everyone. Sounds like most of us are coping, and perhaps a bit more daylight into our eyeballs is helping.

I've been on a resilience training course today - all females. Three of us mentioned our support of Derby County in relation to the way it affected our mood.

It didn't help that the trainer was a Leeds fan! 

On 26/02/2019 at 07:07, Moist One said:

in no way am I trivialising the issues we have all faced, BUT, I am beginning to think there's a correlation of my happiness and mood versus Derby County's form! It seems when I am miserable and in a bad place, the Mighty Rams are unstoppable. When I am content with life and feeling a bit decent about myself, Derby County become clueless!

Anyway, hope all is well for everyone. Sounds like most of us are coping, and perhaps a bit more daylight into our eyeballs is helping.

I've got a lot crossed that things align for you and Derby get themselves flying to give you a lift.

I'm the same but opposite. Unless the brewers get a win or at least a point, my week is in ruins.

I've had to stop going to games so only have the "text" on bet365 and the forum which I've taken a self imposed time out on. Football sure does have a lot to answer for. Highs and lows.

5 hours ago, ronnieronalde said:

I've got a lot crossed that things align for you and Derby get themselves flying to give you a lift.

I'm the same but opposite. Unless the brewers get a win or at least a point, my week is in ruins.

I've had to stop going to games so only have the "text" on bet365 and the forum which I've taken a self imposed time out on. Football sure does have a lot to answer for. Highs and lows.

I do really worry about you Craig. I'm not sure you're in a positive environment. Easy for me to say based on what I read. Us humans are sociologically and biologically "social" creatures. Isolation affects me badly, even when I'm surrounded by people. I wonder if you're similar, but worse.

My post was a tongue-in-cheek bit of dark humour. I struggle with times/events that are supposed to be where you're in a group of family/friends, and probably winter itself.

Does anybody else ever feel they are on the brink of having it all worked out?

I read so many self help books & audio books etc. In my head i seem to know it all, but when it comes into putting it into action.... nothing at all.

Fitness goals, career goals, simple self development... i have all the knowledge, part from how to put it into action (the only part that matters).

Drives me insane!

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Does anybody else ever feel they are on the brink of having it all worked out?

I read so many self help books & audio books etc. In my head i seem to know it all, but when it comes into putting it into action.... nothing at all.

Fitness goals, career goals, simple self development... i have all the knowledge, part from how to put it into action (the only part that matters).

Drives me insane!

I had this relationship with most sports. Can talk a great game, understand the tactics and the training, and the mentality, just was never physically adept enough, for one reason or another!

In terms of mental issues, I think it takes a journey to get to the level of awareness it takes to actually realise you have something that needs looking at.