Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

I am reading a book at the moment which poses an interesting question - and perhaps a cure - for those amongst us who are currently suffering from depression.

Is it possible to cry so much that you dehydrate yourself?

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

I am a fan of yours, Mostyn6. I like your posts. If you fancy a beer or a subway on me outside the iPro in early January, give me a shout. I will be away till Jan 1st. I live 35 mins from Derby, so no big trip. If not, then no probs, mate. COYR

thanks Rampage, really appreciate the sentiment. I've received a couple of messages offering similar, and I have to be grateful that people who have never met me have such kind words to not just myself, but to others who have been open and candid in this thread.

Thankfully, for me, today is almost over, and life will go back to normal. I have lots on next year and I tend to focus on having something to look forward to. 

Not sure when I'm next at iPro. But I'll let you know, never been one to turn down a Meatball Marinara! ;) 

7 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

thanks Rampage, really appreciate the sentiment. I've received a couple of messages offering similar, and I have to be grateful that people who have never met me have such kind words to not just myself, but to others who have been open and candid in this thread.

Thankfully, for me, today is almost over, and life will go back to normal. I have lots on next year and I tend to focus on having something to look forward to. 

Not sure when I'm next at iPro. But I'll let you know, never been one to turn down a Meatball Marinara! ;) 

My next game is Reading on the tuesday night but i am free to come down earlier on that day

• 2 weeks later...

Now we're starting to exit one of the more difficult periods for many, thought I'd bump this thread to see how people have been over the holiday? 

I was practically nocturnal, find it easier to cope as it creates an excuse to be anti-social regarding spending time with the less important people who are still inexplicably around. 

5 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

Now we're starting to exit one of the more difficult periods for many, thought I'd bump this thread to see how people have been over the holiday? 

I was practically nocturnal, find it easier to cope as it creates an excuse to be anti-social regarding spending time with the less important people who are still inexplicably around. 

as the person who started the thread, within a few days I was feeling that much better, that I started to feel guilty, like an attention seeker, which then made me feel bad again and worried what people think about me. 

I think a lot is to do with realisation. Once I realised that I shouldn't care, and that only a few people on this forum have met me, that feeling subsided, but I still wondered if I'd stirred up emotion in some people.

Reality is, this forum is awesome and made me feel a hell of a lot better about life, it's also pointed out something that I hadn't realised, my misery or low feeling got worse as my exercise decreased. Like I say, realisation is a massive thing.

Friends made me involved in things over the break, so I didn't have much time to wallow in self pity.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

as the person who started the thread, within a few days I was feeling that much better, that I started to feel guilty, like an attention seeker, which then made me feel bad again and worried what people think about me. 

I think a lot is to do with realisation. Once I realised that I shouldn't care, and that only a few people on this forum have met me, that feeling subsided, but I still wondered if I'd stirred up emotion in some people.

Reality is, this forum is awesome and made me feel a hell of a lot better about life, it's also pointed out something that I hadn't realised, my misery or low feeling got worse as my exercise decreased. Like I say, realisation is a massive thing.

Friends made me involved in things over the break, so I didn't have much time to wallow in self pity.

Excellent, and good to hear. 

Also, there's no form of depression that warrants anyone being labelled an attention seeker, each individual is different and every case of depression is hell for the person suffering.

I'm delighted you felt better for making this thread, that makes me feel a lot better myself. 

2 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

yep same here, I try and split my day into quarters and try and get a swift walk around the village before going back to work, recently though with the christmas break and kids off my work/break is out of kilter and mood is dropping, fecking weather doesn't help.

Sith Happens
27 minutes ago, McLovin said:

Depression is not a nice thing to suffer at all. Really annoys me when people say they're feeling depressed. They don't know what it is like to suffer true depression.

i do sort of get what you mean, in fairness i guess unless they have experienced it they dont know wany different. Whilst i dont have depression i do have a rare blood cancer which can cause chronic fatigue and trying to explain that to people without them thinking your just a bit tired can be the same principle maybe.

1 minute ago, Paul71 said:

i do sort of get what you mean, in fairness i guess unless they have experienced it they dont know wany different. Whilst i dont have depression i do have a rare blood cancer which can cause chronic fatigue and trying to explain that to people without them thinking your just a bit tired can be the same principle maybe.

I'm sorry to hear about your cancer, I truly am, it's a horrible thing. I wish you a speedy recovery. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Glad you are feeling much better Mostyn.

Up the Rams. 

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

Cheek your chin up mate. Remember to talk to your family and friends , it helps, perhaps even talk to us useless mugs :lol:

5 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

The fact that you started the thread, was a good thing. Not something to be concerned about. Something to be proud of. I'd love to see it kept active. I've tried posting, but at times it's just not right.  You'll probably know what I mean. Handy to have the thread for when the time is right though. 

As I have had a battle of my own with this desease I'm pretty worried how it will effect me as I'm soon to be unemployed and without enough money. It will be easy to start getting yourself deserted from your friends and all the activities when you don't have to get out of your home to work or have any money to go out with your friends.

I know it won't take long to realise that you are too tired to get out of bed, dress up, go to the food store and be sucked in the vortex of not caring anything happening to you.

I wish all of you that has battled this thing or suffer of it right now the strenght to not suffer in silence. It is a big difference to have a voice of your own. One way or the other.

I'm so glad Mostyn posted this thread - to have done so took a huge amount of courage on his part and hopefully it has helped some of those who suffer from this terrible illness. For those of us who fortunately have not been affected, the personal stories which followed have at least given an insight into depression, though not for one moment can we truly understand what it must be really like.

Thread of 2015 by a country mile.

@Daveo recommended some vitamin b. The Xmas break was important for me as I got some sleep (was sleeping 3/4 hours per day for 3 weeks before that.)

Having two kids kept me busy and I've watched a ridiculous amount of football. Helps switch off, as does posting on here. 

While not feeling to happy about the now, I think I can cope with it. A few weeks ago I wanted a way out. Needed a way out. Now, I'd quite like an escape and that time machine but don't feel so desperate. 

Whether it was this thread, this forum, kind words from @uttoxram75, @i-Ram ,  @rynny, the vitamins, the sleep, reading the experiences of @Mafiabob, @Mostyn6, @SaintRam, @Phoenix, @Paul71, @ketteringram and everyone else who posted in here that I've read but can't keep typing @name...

it's looking less grey. 

Hope you had a good Xmas @Red_Dawn. Its a weird time of year. Some people forget their troubles and some can't cope with them at Xmas

3 minutes ago, Alpha said:

@Daveo recommended some vitamin b. The Xmas break was important for me as I got some sleep (was sleeping 3/4 hours per day for 3 weeks before that.)

Having two kids kept me busy and I've watched a ridiculous amount of football. Helps switch off, as does posting on here. 

While not feeling to happy about the now, I think I can cope with it. A few weeks ago I wanted a way out. Needed a way out. Now, I'd quite like an escape and that time machine but don't feel so desperate. 

Whether it was this thread, this forum, kind words from @uttoxram75, @i-Ram ,  @rynny, the vitamins, the sleep, reading the experiences of @Mafiabob, @Mostyn6, @SaintRam

it's looking less grey. 

Still didn't deserve Poster of the Year Award. You ****.