Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

How many other folk have had the same rubber tube up their harris's?

And how long since it was previously used?

i suspect its just a couple of minutes and a quick wipe down.

Sith Happens
13 minutes ago, RamNut said:

How many other folk have had the same rubber tube up their harris's?

And how long since it was previously used?

i suspect its just a couple of minutes and a quick wipe down.

Worst than that,  it doubles up as one of those they put down your throat.

?

@David

My missus had to have quite a few colonoscopies early in her illness. She didn't use the sedative after the first time. Like a lot of things, it's worse in the anticipation than the fact.

Also, fair warning; that laxative drink stuff tastes horrible and works at unreal speed. 

2 minutes ago, Needlesh said:

@David

My missus had to have quite a few colonoscopies early in her illness. She didn't use the sedative after the first time. Like a lot of things, it's worse in the anticipation than the fact.

Also, fair warning; that laxative drink stuff tastes horrible and works at unreal speed. 

I’ve had that warning several times, everyone has been quick to tell me how great it works ?

Not sure when it will be now, nurse hasn’t got back to me, expecting it will be in 4 to 6 weeks once these tablets have kicked in. 

58 minutes ago, David said:

I’ve had that warning several times, everyone has been quick to tell me how great it works ?

Not sure when it will be now, nurse hasn’t got back to me, expecting it will be in 4 to 6 weeks once these tablets have kicked in. 

More like 4-6 minutes mate ?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, SouthStandDan said:

Lost count of how many times this has happened to me, currently going through it now.

76C9CB2E-EDFF-403A-B278-B9C2C10F814D.jpeg

feel free to expand if you want to sounds us out. It's all down to how comfortable you are with revealing it, but you're unknown to me, and I imagine a lot of the forum, so you're as good as anonymous. You might be surprised by a) how relieved you feel just putting stuff down into words and b) how many people understand it all, have been through similar and can give some good basic advice on coping.

Remember, you're not alone. 

20 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

feel free to expand if you want to sounds us out. It's all down to how comfortable you are with revealing it, but you're unknown to me, and I imagine a lot of the forum, so you're as good as anonymous. You might be surprised by a) how relieved you feel just putting stuff down into words and b) how many people understand it all, have been through similar and can give some good basic advice on coping.

Remember, you're not alone. 

Great words.

For the past week or so i have been waking up dreading the day for no particular reason, it is then a draining uphill battle to claw it back.

I just seem to be getting more an more frustrated with modern living. i.e. office jobs & money chasing, poor nutrition available & no trust in foods, news (Brexit, trump, death, money), the internet etc. Sure i could go on.

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/03/2019 at 01:55, Ambitious said:

It was hard to read, that. I've been on here for my entire adult life almost and have always respected you as a poster & person. 

I'm not the best person to give advice in these situations, but I can say that I've struggled at times due to extenuating circumstances and often do partake in 'self destructive' behaviour which has had serious consequences in the past. iThe one thing that helps me and gets me through these periods is that I remind myself that feelings - good & bad - are absolutely and utterly fickle. The forced focus on 'positive' things, for me, made things worse. I would think about family, for example, but it would come with an overwhelming sense of letting them down. It just gave me another stick to beat myself. The clarity of almost training my mind to remind myself that every feeling and situation that I have ever had and will ever have will ultimately change, sometimes quickly and sometimes not so quickly, but it will change. 

People are different; people react differently in situations and there is no perfect solution - I just hope you find whats right for you! 

In light of @angieram's recent thread on the main forum, I'd just like to say a belated personal thank you for the above reply.

I've kind of clung onto your message of this too will pass, whether or not that  was your intention I'm not sure, but it's been helpful nonetheless.

2 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

In light of @angieram's recent thread on the main forum, I'd just like to say a belated personal thank you for the above reply.

I've kind of clung onto your message of this too will pass, whether or not that  was your intention I'm not sure, but it's been helpful nonetheless.

Hope you're feeling better chap. 

12 hours ago, reverendo de duivel said:

I can't tell you how happy it makes me for you to say that. I'm so glad that my ramblings have been able to help in some way. It was my intention, partly because I was coming out of a very tough period myself and I told myself that it was all temporary. I feel it's important that any of us don't get bogged down in the here-and-now. I just hope you're feeling better - you've got an entire community of people on here all behind you. 

22 hours ago, sage said:

Hope you're feeling better chap. 

11 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I can't tell you how happy it makes me for you to say that. I'm so glad that my ramblings have been able to help in some way. It was my intention, partly because I was coming out of a very tough period myself and I told myself that it was all temporary. I feel it's important that any of us don't get bogged down in the here-and-now. I just hope you're feeling better - you've got an entire community of people on here all behind you. 

Yeah I'm feeling a lot more positive mentally speaking.

Not quite through the black dog, but the light at the end of the tunnel is within touching distance.

12 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Yeah I'm feeling a lot more positive mentally speaking.

Not quite through the black dog, but the light at the end of the tunnel is within touching distance.

I can remember years ago in our office we had a poster on the wall saying ‘The bulb has been removed from the light at the end of the tunnel ‘. Until some senior no sense of humour manager made us take it down. 

I’m not sure if that helps.,

• 3 weeks later...
On 23/09/2019 at 01:31, Leeds Ram said:

yup this is so true sadly ? 

Agree 

Especially in people who you would expect to be happy because they "have it all ". I know of a few guys who are very attractive, have lovely partners , good jobs but suffer from depression .

Just throwing this in here, in case it’s of interest to anyone.

Read a really good book “Battle scars” by Jason Fox. It’s essentially a retell of his battle with P.T.S.D. There’s a lot in there about where he found help, all said with humility in my opinion. That some of those professionals contributed to the story, make it more relevant to understand he is now in a far better place, so there is a sort of happy ending; evidenced by all the stuff he does on t.v I guess.

It’s not something that has affected me, so I don’t visit this thread a lot, just thought it was quite insightful and not over romanticising his story to sell a book. It may prove a useful read for others.