Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

17 hours ago, Alpha said:

I don't like that mentality though. People have different breaking points and I think too many people on their arse are kind of trapped because they haven't actually got anything wrong. They're not ill, they have no money issues, they have a family, enjoy their job etc. 

Sometimes people just break and they shouldn't have to worry about how valid it is. If you're on your arse then you're on your arse. No jokes intended there. 

TBH It works for envy (I sometimes get envious of other people and what they have ect). But definately not for mental health

23 hours ago, David said:

Have you tried Coors Light?

For trying to induce a bout of F*rest, I'd suggest a session on the Koppaberg Pear Cider. Caught me by surprise the first time I had a sesh on it. It was like the turbolax scene from Dumb and Dumber.

18 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

For trying to induce a bout of F*rest, I'd suggest a session on the Koppaberg Pear Cider. Caught me by surprise the first time I had a sesh on it. It was like the turbolax scene from Dumb and Dumber.

Think I’ve had 1 bottle of Budweiser in 2 and half years, the next mouthful of alcohol to go through my system I can guarantee you will not be cider. 

Had an argument with the doctors over my weight loss, tried to explain it wasn’t unexplained if they saw what I used to down and eat to recover over the weekend.

Alcohol is the secret to weight loss, especially if you don’t have a sweet tooth. 

2/3 litres of water a day, no squash, juice or any liquid calories, just falls off you.

6 minutes ago, David said:

Think I’ve had 1 bottle of Budweiser in 2 and half years, the next mouthful of alcohol to go through my system I can guarantee you will not be cider. 

Had an argument with the doctors over my weight loss, tried to explain it wasn’t unexplained if they saw what I used to down and eat to recover over the weekend.

Alcohol is the secret to weight loss, especially if you don’t have a sweet tooth. 

2/3 litres of water a day, no squash, juice or any liquid calories, just falls off you.

Squeeze the juice from 1/6th of a lemon in each glass for flavour too

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Squeeze the juice from 1/6th of a lemon in each glass for flavour too

I’ve got a bottle of Rocks Organic lemon, squash without all the BS that’s pretty much just lemons, but I’ve been drinking just water now for so long it’s the norm and I’m fine with it. Not a bad place to be in really.

20 hours ago, David said:

Yeah, not going to lie I have some days which are harder than others, but it’s going to wear you down but that’s natural, especially when it involves your digestive system and how you fuel your body. 

Keep the brain active and busy, helps a ton. Start Uni next month which will be interesting, add a new string to my bow, signed up with the year initially with an eye on staying longer to complete a degree.

See how the puns go down to pad out assignments!

What are you studying?

37 minutes ago, David said:

I’ve got a bottle of Rocks Organic lemon, squash without all the BS that’s pretty much just lemons, but I’ve been drinking just water now for so long it’s the norm and I’m fine with it. Not a bad place to be in really.

I like their stuff, but it's like 40% cane sugar

18 minutes ago, David said:

Where have you seen that? I know it has cane sugar in, but no percentages shown on the bottle 

Just a rough guess based on memory.

For the blackcurrant one, its likely to be in the 33-40% range.
Organic Cane Sugar, Rocks Spring Water, Organic Fruit Juices from Concentrate (Blackcurrant 18.5%, Apple 14%, Lemon 0.4%), Citric Acid
Sugar and water combined would be 66.7-67.1%

For the lemon one:
Rocks Spring Water, Organic Cane Sugar, Organic Whole Lemons (10.3%), Citric Acid
Just under 90% sugar and water (35-40% sugar would be my guess)

40 minutes ago, David said:

Does that account for the natural sugar that’s in lemons? 

There aint a lot of sugar in lemons. Have you ever seen anyone make fresh lemonade?. They need masses of sugar to make it drinkable.

I stick to water too.

Super quick update for you all. 

Having received my first appointment which I wouldn't work as the missus needs to be off to drop and collect me with the sedation, the rearranged Colonoscopy was scheduled for this Sunday, 8.30am. Received the letter to go and collect my bowel prep I went in on Tuesday, they had no idea who I was or what was going on, few calls later they found out it had been sent out in the post and nobody knew why.

Was also told they have major concerns over doing the Colonoscopy whilst I'm so anxious about it (naturally so I'd say), advised me to see the doc and get some valium for the day. 

Get on the phone to the doc, told the next day they can get me in was September 17th or I could keep trying each morning to get in. Took the appointment anyway and this morning was able to get in. Ended up with a months worth of diazepam and some other low dosage meds for the longer term keeping anxiety under control.

I'm supposed to stop eating tomorrow at 9am, start downing the first litre of laxative followed by another litre at 5pm, just not ready for all this, so waiting on a callback to postpone the Colonoscopy for 6 weeks where the low dosage meds should have kicked in and will have the diazepam ready if needed for the run up.

I hate tablets, battle to get me to down a paracetamol down my neck, going to get some getting my head around this first without the thought of someone sticking a film crew up my backside in 48hrs.

If they gave me the camera I would give it a go myself, send them the recording but doubt they would be down for that. Be better when we're all robots I say ?

Just now, McRamFan said:

https://www.boots.com/safe-and-sound-pill-cutter-and-crusher-10150191

My niece has to take pills regularly and could not swallow them, got this and now takes them in water or milk.

I'm fine with swallowing (opening myself here for some belters), it's the idea of medication, never been a fan. Any pain I've always been a pass us a can of beer of the fridge that will sort it kinda guy. 

3 minutes ago, David said:

I'm fine with swallowing (opening myself here for some belters), it's the idea of medication, never been a fan. Any pain I've always been a pass us a can of beer of the fridge that will sort it kinda guy. 

Fair enough, misinterpreted your point.  I am similar, damaged my upper left arm and  was on some major pain killers, made me ill.  Stopped taking them and took up meditation, worked wonders.