Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

Sith Happens

Hope everything is ok, one thing that does come across is how lucky your little girls are as you seem like a top bloke from your posts, and a top dad too by the look of it.

I hope it all starts to become a bit more plain sailing for you all from now on.

13 hours ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Now then ladies and gentleman... firstly I hope you are all well and secondly sorry for the mother of rants which is about to unfold...

As some may be aware from the ‘new parents’ thread I made last year I am lucky enough to now be the father of the most incredible little lady this planet has ever seen, also from that thread some of you may be aware that the pregnancy wasn’t all plain sailing. 

Unfortunately neither does the living side seem to be. Our daughter had corrective surgery to save her life at 1 day old... in the next 44 days before coming home she would go on to have 5 collapsed lungs, 2 cardiac arrests, 1 blood transfusion, 7 ventilations, 2 more surgeries and numerous amount of pain relief/medication.

last Friday though everything was brilliant and me and my wife were finally able to bring her home... the next few days were the best of my life and something that we were robbed of for the first month and a half of her life, we had numerous visitors and for to introduce her to her family.

on Tuesday we went to the park with our other daughter as quite understandably she was quite overwhelmed and a bit jealous about her new little sister... whilst at the park I was feeding Clara-Leisa who subsequently stopped breathing and vomited blood through her mouth and nose. I had to do CPR in the middle of the park on her as the air ambulance (absolutely amazing) and 2 road ambulances turned up. 

Thankfully I managed to get her breathing again and the incredible paramedics and drs kept her going and she’s on the mend.

i don’t really know the purpose of this post but just felt it would possibly help to have a Release.

photo’s included of how she is today as I realise what I’ve written is traumatic and we could be a lot worse... 

AB307BB9-30A3-40CD-A526-F019F02ED1CB.jpeg

4B039443-2607-4E5C-A538-D2874FF44880.jpeg

FFS!!

All the best mate,keep us updated.

Cheers everyone. The one thing I really didn’t want was to spend today in hospital. It’s been tough as because of Coronavirus we are limited to one parent staying and the other is only allowed 2-7. 

She’s doing ok and is expected to make a full recovery, what happened on Tuesday has happened 4 times now (Tuesday was the 3rd) and they are finally acting on it. 

I managed to see my wife and daughter on my birthday, it was only for 5 hours but it could have quite easily have been for none. 

Thank you again to everyone, I just felt like I needed to vent yesterday to release a bit of frustration, disappointment, anger. 

This photo sums up our relationship to a tee. 

8C0AC900-FC4F-4D82-8C33-F801A765380C.jpeg

Been on anxiety medication since October, those that I speak to and see on here will know the difference it’s made to my life.

Booked my first holiday abroad since I was 16 ish in October, today had my first hypnotherapy appointment through Zoom from a Derby fan on Twitter who is a councillor and hypnotherapist, was a little sceptical about it all, but it was actually very good.

It’s not like you see on TV where they have you barking on stage like a dog, she runs you through past experiences in your head and asks you to visualise past events and places you in a 3rd person perspective. It’s hard to explain but I came off feeling strangle a little “high” if that makes sense, really relaxed and it’s quite bizarre. 

If you’re willing to embrace it and go with it, I can see it being quite rewarding, definitely will be continuing with it.

16 hours ago, David said:

Been on anxiety medication since October, those that I speak to and see on here will know the difference it’s made to my life.

Booked my first holiday abroad since I was 16 ish in October, today had my first hypnotherapy appointment through Zoom from a Derby fan on Twitter who is a councillor and hypnotherapist, was a little sceptical about it all, but it was actually very good.

It’s not like you see on TV where they have you barking on stage like a dog, she runs you through past experiences in your head and asks you to visualise past events and places you in a 3rd person perspective. It’s hard to explain but I came off feeling strangle a little “high” if that makes sense, really relaxed and it’s quite bizarre. 

If you’re willing to embrace it and go with it, I can see it being quite rewarding, definitely will be continuing with it.

Can she hypnotise Roos into catching a ball.

20 hours ago, David said:

Feel free to tell me to piss off but I thought you were married? I thought you settled down with the girl you was with when I met you? 

Have I completely missed some of your posts in here? 

I was just thinking how a partner could/should help. 

On 05/08/2020 at 14:22, Alpha said:

Feel free to tell me to piss off but I thought you were married? I thought you settled down with the girl you was with when I met you? 

Have I completely missed some of your posts in here? 

I was just thinking how a partner could/should help. 

May 1st next year, just hoping Boris doesn’t ruin it, will have to get this covered ?

FB4B570E-B76A-492C-9208-41FFA2A51C89.jpeg

On 04/08/2020 at 17:46, David said:

I was a good friend of hers years ago. We even went to one or two games together in the late Arthur cox era. 

On 04/07/2020 at 19:48, Eddie said:

Is there anyone else on here who suffers badly from claustrophobia?

How do you cope with wearing a mask?

The Memsahib just tried hers on - full-scale panic attack.

I don't, but I had a MRI scan recently and had to wear a face mask and a frame and lie motionless in a narrow tunnel for 30 minutes with awful noises non-stop.

It was soul destroying .

If claustrophobia is akin to that she has my profound sympathy!

She can probably claim exemption from wearing a mask, a visor may be more comfortable.

2 hours ago, Brummie Steve said:

I don't, but I had a MRI scan recently and had to wear a face mask and a frame and lie motionless in a narrow tunnel for 30 minutes with awful noises non-stop.

It was soul destroying .

If claustrophobia is akin to that she has my profound sympathy!

She can probably claim exemption from wearing a mask, a visor may be more comfortable.

Wow. I had an MRI scan and thought what an ordeal it would be for a claustrophobic person. 

In a mask it sounds like an I'm a Celebrity challenge! 

• 1 month later...

Hey has anyone got anyone they can recommend speaking to? I know @David had hypnotherapy but I'm not sure what step to go in. 

Spent many years with my personality going to either end of the spectrum. But the last few years I've been more miserable than cheerful. 

My wife has been massively supportive and I've leaned on her massively. To be honest I take her for granted and eventually by plodding on doing all the typical basic depression beating poo I find myself feeling good.

However the big problem now is motivation and i'm self employed. I'm not on top of my work and it’s very difficult to do a job I know I love really. I know the feeling of not caring about anything but I need to stay motivated now. Of course my wife is supportive but she puts up with all my poo all the time. I'm horrible to her sometimes. Sometimes I really don't like her. 

I've told her all this but it's not fair to keep piling my problems on her while she never gets to talk about anything going on with her. 

I think I can even be a dick to my daughters on occasion. 

But yeah, I'm fed up of accepting it's part of my personality I have to fight from time to time. I'm fed up of being a horrible Bamford too often. But mostly if I don't sort my poo out soon then my business will suffer and that's a bigger hole. 

I don't really feel comfortable talking to my doctor. Seen a few different things online but I dunno what to do. The idea of walking in and whinging in a strangers ear is weird. 

Edited by Alpha

13 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Hey has anyone got anyone they can recommend speaking to? I know @David had hypnotherapy but I'm not sure what step to go in. 

Spent many years with my personality going to either end of the spectrum. But the last few years I've been more miserable than cheerful. 

My wife has been massively supportive and I've leaned on her massively. To be honest I take her for granted and eventually by plodding on doing all the typical basic depression beating poo I find myself feeling good.

However the big problem now is motivation and i'm self employed. I'm not on top of my work and it’s very difficult to do a job I know I love really. I know the feeling of not caring about anything but I need to stay motivated now. Of course my wife is supportive but she puts up with all my poo all the time. I'm horrible to her sometimes. Sometimes I really don't like her. 

I've told her all this but it's not fair to keep piling my problems on her while she never gets to talk about anything going on with her. 

I think I can even be a dick to my daughters on occasion. 

But yeah, I'm fed up of accepting it's part of my personality I have to fight from time to time. I'm fed up of being a horrible Bamford too often. But mostly if I don't sort my poo out soon then my business will suffer and that's a bigger hole. 

I don't really feel comfortable talking to my doctor. Seen a few different things online but I dunno what to do. The idea of walking in and whinging in a strangers ear is weird. 

I've seen Cognitive Behavioural Therapists in the past through the NHS and also most recently have seen a private therapist who has a practice in the centre of Nottingham.

It can be quite a lengthy delay getting referred via the NHS even more so now with the Covid 19 implications just as word of warning which is why I chose to go for the private paid route.

A lot of private therapists offer the first consultancy session free to see if they are able to assist you primarily but also if you feel comfortable with them by the same token. There's a number of therapists that you can research just by googling this keyword and the area you are living in, they will all give detailed information on what areas they deal with and what they are able to assist with.

The key thing in all of this is having a clear understanding of what you want out of the sessions; as you allude to the therapist can quite happily sit there and listen to your woes but you need to agree with them what the plan of action is otherwise it just turns into a weekly moaning shop.

I found CBT very useful as it structures a plan with actions which can be worked towards and progress assessed likewise but there are a number of other alternative methods which also can be used effectively.

If you've got any more queries then am happy to help or DM me.

Edited by Tyler Durden

57 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've seen Cognitive Behavioural Therapists in the past through the NHS and also most recently have seen a private therapist who has a practice in the centre of Nottingham.

It can be quite a lengthy delay getting referred via the NHS even more so now with the Covid 19 implications just as word of warning which is why I chose to go for the private paid route.

A lot of private therapists offer the first consultancy session free to see if they are able to assist you primarily but also if you feel comfortable with them by the same token. There's a number of therapists that you can research just by googling this keyword and the area you are living in, they will all give detailed information on what areas they deal with and what they are able to assist with.

The key thing in all of this is having a clear understanding of what you want out of the sessions; as you allude to the therapist can quite happily sit there and listen to your woes but you need to agree with them what the plan of action is otherwise it just turns into a weekly moaning shop.

I found CBT very useful as it structures a plan with actions which can be worked towards and progress assessed likewise but there are a number of other alternative methods which also can be used effectively.

If you've got any more queries then am happy to help or DM me.

Nice one. 

I'm googling now. I don't really want to sit and moan. I have periods of being really positive and upbeat and really just want to know how to hold on to that. 

It's the poor motivation at the minute that's effecting my work. Thats the first thing to tackle. 

I want to take forward steps to get where I know I can be rather than sulk. I sulk loads already