Moist One

Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

2 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Luckily Billy seems ok but what hurts is having to sit him in front of the TV or scrolling through YouTube because we're incapable of looking after him properly.

Billy will be fine, this is what happens to me when the missus is at work during the day and I’m alright.

Just make sure you’ve got it on kids mode, some weird places on YouTube that you can end up.

7 hours ago, Smyth_18 said:

Anxiety has struck me again unfortunately. Since Friday I've been struck down with the worst flu I have ever experienced. To top it off our 21 month old was being sick everywhere Saturday night and high temp. Took him to hospital Sunday and he has an ear infection. The wife is also bedridden with an ear infection.

Luckily Billy seems ok but what hurts is having to sit him in front of the TV or scrolling through YouTube because we're incapable of looking after him properly.

Also, I've never had more than 2 days off work and I've been off since Friday lunch. I feel like I am letting people down & it's not going down well, although they sound pretty understanding.

Balderdash!

Looks to me like you're coping remarkably well with everything you've got to contend with this week.

You're a loyal worker and responsible parent, clearly. Stop beating yourself up for a minute and give yourself a pat on the back instead. Billy isn't going to be scarred by Cbeebies/whatever for a few days til you get back on your feet, fella.

Just wanted to say anxiety and depression very common after flu particularly if you are prone to mental health issues. Don't worry about having time off work or letting the little one watch TV. Put your needs first for a bit. As a family you are part of a team and everyone is important including you. Have you tried magnesium supplements. They do help and can be taken with prescription medication too. Vitamin B supplements are good too. Hope you feel better soon - anxiety is horrible.