Depression, anxiety, stress and other related issues

Mostyn6

1 minute ago, GboroRam said:

Could have sworn you would have done something like this, but a Rooney one:

Screenshot_20200107-191741_Chrome.jpg

Ha, nah, I have my football tattoos that wouldn’t stand out in an away pub or irritate a drinken Forest or Leeds fan. Kinda sad you have to think about that but there you go  

4 minutes ago, reverendo de duivel said:

Congratulations on your engagement @David, I hope you'll be very happy together.

Thanks Revil, didn’t post it as it’s been a bit of a whirlwind these past few weeks. 
These rings cost a bloody fortune, think I’ve got the right one to buy one for though. 
She’s got a cracking pair of ears.

CFCD1871-6ED6-4225-9AFE-947E7AD69D2B.jpeg

47 minutes ago, David said:

Sticking this in here. Not posting my backstory again. 
4 months ago it was a challenge to drag me off the sofa to go to the corner shop.

Yesterday I got back from what was a 7hr road trip back from Edinburgh with my now fiancé and today just completed a 7hr tattoo session.

Blows my mind just thinking where I was and where I am.

The sleeve has real meaning throughout, and with 3hrs left to complete the cloud fillers I’m feeling a tad emotional shall we say thinking how far I’ve come. 

Some pics are on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter (day82_) of it wrapped for those that I bore on there, will post the finished sleeve on the 28th.....day before this forums birthday, forum which has been a huge part of my life/recovery thanks to you horrible lot.

For anyone that’s struggling, don’t be afraid to talk, and don’t be afraid to see the doctor. For years I was too proud, too stubborn, too scared to see the doctor, I had visions of medication zombiefying me, told the doc my fears and the only way I can explain it is....I’m now me, the real me.

It’s ok to not be ok, but don’t settle for not being ok and drowning in male pride, life’s too short to scramble your way through it. My PM’s are always open. 

Good man. Now podcast.

Just now, David said:

As this is the honest and open thread, we’ve been trying....2 years now. Tests in March to see why nothing has happened, hoping it’s down to my health and nothing serious. 

Hope it happens, I know a few people who really want kids but cant, would hate you to have to deal with that on top of everything else you had to

2 of my friends are getting married soon too, great times for me. Love it all!

1 minute ago, David said:

So many out there now, would need to think how to be different, nobody wants more of the same 

I know it's very niche, but having a forum focus would make it really good. I thought the football discussion was good enough to be a regular download as it was, but having forum members on to talk about their backstory, their favourite posters, etc, is what made it great. I don't even think you'd need to be funnier or more insightful than other podcasts, as the hosts and guests (no matter how much some opinions pissed me off) were the reasons I tuned in.

I still don't think I've heard a better line than 'Colin Murray the cancer denier'.

1 minute ago, dcfcfan1 said:

Hope it happens, I know a few people who really want kids but cant, would hate you to have to deal with that on top of everything else you had to

2 of my friends are getting married soon too, great times for me. Love it all!

It is what it is, not worrying about it as that won’t change a thing. See what they say and deal with it as it comes.

Just now, David said:

It is what it is, not worrying about it as that won’t change a thing. See what they say and deal with it as it comes.

Agree, no point worrying about what you cant change. I wont be having kids (too?), and when I think about it, theres so much more to life. I hope you end up having kids though !

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I know it's very niche, but having a forum focus would make it really good. I thought the football discussion was good enough to be a regular download as it was, but having forum members on to talk about their backstory, their favourite posters, etc, is what made it great. I don't even think you'd need to be funnier or more insightful than other podcasts, as the hosts and guests (no matter how much some opinions pissed me off) were the reasons I tuned in.

I still don't think I've heard a better line than 'Colin Murray the cancer denier'.

The initial idea was to hear members stories, who they are and that, then it just developed into what it was. Good times but never felt it was a good listen for the end user.

2 minutes ago, David said:

The initial idea was to hear members stories, who they are and that, then it just developed into what it was. Good times but never felt it was a good listen for the end user.

I personally loved it, especially the forum chat. I think I’d like it even more now I know other posters better. 

You got good reviews, didn’t you?

Ah. Not read this thread for some time now. Great to see folk are still feeling comfortable talking about stuff they are going through. Even better to be reminded what a caring lot most of the DCFC Fans faithful are. 

Anyway, big up to all yous lot. Here's hoping this new year brings some welcome relief to anyone having a tough time of it and for those in a good place, fingers crossed for more of the same.

EDIT - Forgot to say congratulations @David too!

Edited by 86 Schmokes & a Pancake

3 hours ago, David said:

Thanks Revil, didn’t post it as it’s been a bit of a whirlwind these past few weeks. 
These rings cost a bloody fortune, think I’ve got the right one to buy one for though. 
She’s got a cracking pair of ears.

CFCD1871-6ED6-4225-9AFE-947E7AD69D2B.jpeg

Bet she was instrumental in your recovery too. All credit to the women who stick by men who are down and struggling, they deserve to now see you at your best, with the great ring around her finger