Ipswich away - real ale pubs

North East Ram

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks lads. Seen quite a few decent looking ale boozers on the internet but always good to get a recommendation. Both look good but The Fat Cat looks spot on. Not sure a few Kwak pre match will leave me with much of a memory of our performance but could be a good celebratory tipple afterwards. Decent ales and bar snacks though so might take a wander up there as arrive in Ipswich at 11.30. Who would've thought Eddie would've known a decent Belgian bar eh?! ;-) Not that I'm complaining; my favourite, especially if there's some frites and mayo to line the stomach too.

5 minutes ago, sage said:

Via London is cheaper according to trainline. £62 return

Not looked tbh, just going on previous trips. It all depends on if you can book in advance - not always advisable due to old Rupe - and split the journey, ie book Derby to Notts, Notts to Grantham, etc...

1 hour ago, Derby_EnglandLoyal said:

Station hotel opposite train station and few minutes walk. :) 

As mentioned the station hotel is probably your best bet, or if not that The Punch and Judy bar accommodates visiting fans. Other establishments in the vicinity such as The Drum and Monkey and The Victoria are best avoided if you're with the visiting team.

Be aware away team fans are not permitted to purchase alcohol inside the stadium.

13 minutes ago, Minneapolis American ITFC said:

As mentioned the station hotel is probably your best bet, or if not that The Punch and Judy bar accommodates visiting fans. Other establishments in the vicinity such as The Drum and Monkey and The Victoria are best avoided if you're with the visiting team.

Be aware away team fans are not permitted to purchase alcohol inside the stadium.

The Punch and Judy is a khazi. 

1 hour ago, dk24 said:

Could anybody tell me what's the best way to get there by train? Would it be Nottingham -Peterbrough - Ipswich or would it be better going london-ipswich?

Nottingham to Peterborough then Peterborough to Ipswich. 

1 hour ago, Tim Bucktoo said:

Thanks lads. Seen quite a few decent looking ale boozers on the internet but always good to get a recommendation. Both look good but The Fat Cat looks spot on. Not sure a few Kwak pre match will leave me with much of a memory of our performance but could be a good celebratory tipple afterwards. Decent ales and bar snacks though so might take a wander up there as arrive in Ipswich at 11.30. Who would've thought Eddie would've known a decent Belgian bar eh?! ;-) Not that I'm complaining; my favourite, especially if there's some frites and mayo to line the stomach too.

You got me when I was sober.

Now I'm knee-deep in Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel (for medicinal purposes), you would be hard pressed to get any sort of a coherent answer from me.

33 minutes ago, sage said:

Via London is cheaper according to trainline. £62 return

Just had a quick look, derby to Peterbrough £17.35 return, Peterbrough to Ipswich £15.80, via London £66.45, not sure if I did it right though

11 minutes ago, dk24 said:

Just had a quick look, derby to Peterbrough £17.35 return, Peterbrough to Ipswich £15.80, via London £66.45, not sure if I did it right though

No need to via London. Direct train from Peterborough to Ipswich. 

7 minutes ago, eddie said:

You got me when I was sober.

Now I'm knee-deep in Straffe Hendrik Quadrupel (for medicinal purposes), you would be hard pressed to get any sort of a coherent answer from me.

Sounds like christmas has come early. I went on De Halve Maan tour and then onto Cambrinus on a recent trip to Bruges, so i understand your plight / joy.

Archived