UFC (Conor McGregor)

LesterRam

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

this guy makes me chuckle, "he went down like a bitch" :D

13 seconds to remove the champion, that takes some doing..

It was very close to being a double knockout,if the Brazilian guy has thrown his left a split second earlier it could well have been.

The fight before was brutal.

On 12/14/2015 at 14:11, Ovis aries said:

It was very close to being a double knockout,if the Brazilian guy has thrown his left a split second earlier it could well have been.

The fight before was brutal.

was never going to happen. McGregor knew that was the move to watch out for and even predicted that "when he throws it, I won't be there".

53 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

was never going to happen. McGregor knew that was the move to watch out for and even predicted that "when he throws it, I won't be there".

He was there though it was a perfect shot from the other fellow but because it was slightly behind McGregor, it lacked power, but McGregor did not avoid it,it hit him flush on the jaw.

1 hour ago, Ovis aries said:

He was there though it was a perfect shot from the other fellow but because it was slightly behind McGregor, it lacked power, but McGregor did not avoid it,it hit him flush on the jaw.

I need to re-watch it, cos it looked to me like he was six inches away!

1 minute ago, Mostyn6 said:

I need to re-watch it, cos it looked to me like he was six inches away!

Defo not mate,at first site I thought it was close,you watch it Mc head is smashed sideways and his eye close , but as I say the shot lacked enough venom, but he was tagged .

It wasn't anywhere near a double knockout, those are the kind of shots these guys take every day. 

McGregor is amazing though, and just shows what the power of self belief and determination can do. Even years ago as a youngster in Cage Warriors he predicted he would one day be in the UFC as champion. 

I love the guy, so entertaining and backs up what he says but I can't be the only one that wishes Aldo smashed him, a bit like Ronda Rousey, soon as she get's beat you don't hear a word from her. Would have loved to have seen how McGregor reacted to a loss. I just can't see him going into hiding, probably make him more entertaining. 

Loads of press conferences on YouTube, the guys so arrogant and cocky but hilarious

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

It wasn't anywhere near a double knockout, those are the kind of shots these guys take every day. 

McGregor is amazing though, and just shows what the power of self belief and determination can do. Even years ago as a youngster in Cage Warriors he predicted he would one day be in the UFC as champion. 

1 hour ago, Red_Dawn said:

I beg to differ mate and will leave it at that?

4 hours ago, Ovis aries said:

I beg to differ mate and will leave it at that?

You are wrong though, people getting knocked out comes from not just punching power, but the fact they don't see it coming. McGregor clearly caught sight of Aldo overextending and moved out of the way. Aldo didn't, which is why he went down from a fairly routine punch. 

31 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

got to admit, never saw this angle before and the connection is better than I originally thought, it would put 99% of us on our arse, but we don't take these punches in training with regularity

yes dawny is getting me wrong I said "nearly" 

• 2 months later...

Thought McGregor was going to win this originally, but with hind sight it's clear to see Diaz was in fact probably the favourite. 

If McGregor lands those punches at 145-155 lbs he wins. Unfortunately at 170lbs it takes more than a few head jolters to take a man down, which is what Conor relies on. 

Mom the ground I think Diaz was always going to come out on top, and as soon as he rocked Conor you could see the fight was over. 

Fair play to McGregor, gave it the big one before the fight but didn't make excuses when he lost. Important to note that he's a genuinely nice guy, a great fighter and even more talented at selling fights. Lots of people think it's cockiness but at the end of the day is what the people want to see and that's the reason he is making a killing whilst other fighters queue up to fight him!

4 hours ago, tomsdubs said:

Another UFC hype train hits the buffers. Win some fights, call out Mayweather then get well beaten. Chuckle at bank balance and sail off in to the sunset.

Not to mention the shortlived Holly Holm hype train hitting the buffers after only a few miles.

On 3/6/2016 at 12:45, Chris Mills said:

Thought McGregor was going to win this originally, but with hind sight it's clear to see Diaz was in fact probably the favourite. 

If McGregor lands those punches at 145-155 lbs he wins. Unfortunately at 170lbs it takes more than a few head jolters to take a man down, which is what Conor relies on. 

Mom the ground I think Diaz was always going to come out on top, and as soon as he rocked Conor you could see the fight was over. 

Fair play to McGregor, gave it the big one before the fight but didn't make excuses when he lost. Important to note that he's a genuinely nice guy, a great fighter and even more talented at selling fights. Lots of people think it's cockiness but at the end of the day is what the people want to see and that's the reason he is making a killing whilst other fighters queue up to fight him!

His new found critics seem to entirely miss this point. You have to have some guts to do that. It also isn't like another person or fighter gaining 25lbs. It's the percentage increase that matters. If he won he establishes himself as one of the greatest ever. Should have perhaps tried going up just 1 weight category at a time. UFC alive an well at the moment though. Favorites losing left, right and center. 

Archived