Chris Martins celebration

MuespachRam

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The less secure fanbase will take whatever he said as a personal insult and turn on him. They have 'previous' and seem to be in need of a bit of a whinge - especially in the light of our whole season collapsing (also known as 'two draws')

I took it as he was letting the frustration of not scoring for a few games out. He shrugged off Johnny Russell, that was odd as most celebrations are a team effort now, but I thought this was to go ballistic and 'let it out' by himself. It culminated with him giving the goal side-netting a good kicking that looked quite funny.

Thought he was just relieved to score. Let out a lot of frustration and equalised in the 88th minute in a game all our players were extremely up for.They really wanted to win. Clement was saying they're gutted in the changing rooms.

He also angrily punched the ball on the full time whistle. 

Don't think it was aimed at anyone. 

Martin is very much loved. Even his biggest critics can't really get a word in because there's about 500 people between them and the next critic ready to defend him. 

I love a moaning, whining, dirty and angry Chris Martin. His worst performances come when he's not being a cnut. 

Bordering on modern legend at this club now. 

Yes, rather bizarre to say the least. What must have been going through his head when he put that one away.  His reaction must have been one of relief but no one can condone him shrugging off Russel to deliver one of the most extraordinary outbursts of oral abuse against his own fans.  His overall performance during the game must have been frustrating for him, having been overlooked for a penalty and having balls bounce off him rather than him laying them off, and his relatively (for him) long period without scoring must have added to that.  We sometimes forget these players are still kids really and its difficult to know what he can actually hear from the crowd during his game to feel so offended.

Martin is one player who can contribute the least to be awarded the greatest accolades. Being in the right place at the right time for the simplest of side-foots into the goal is his job.  He needs to stick to it and not revert to the thugish behavior he had at Norwich.  Swearing at his own crowd is something Terry would do. He is far better than that.

44 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Noticed it immediately, definitely just frustration. Did anyone else notice him pat Bruno on the head on the way back? :lol:

Yep I did, reckon Bruno might have whispered sweet nothings prior to the pen being taken, Martin was probably saying nice try Baldy.

Those who are offended by a player venting his relief at scoring after a barren run (by his standards)

need to take a long , hard , look at themselves ..

I've every confidence Martin will score for fun again , starting Tuesday .. 

After all , it's what he does ..

Archived