The Damned United

David

Not sure what your getting at to be honest, I wouldnt say he was portrayed as a star in the book, in parts he came across as plain arrogant and abit of a tw@t if I'm honest.

Was it his family that also wasnt overly pleased with the way the book was written?

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Originally posted by David;1841

Not sure what your getting at to be honest, I wouldnt say he was portrayed as a star in the book, in parts he came across as plain arrogant and abit of a tw@t if I'm honest.

Was it his family that also wasnt overly pleased with the way the book was written?

That's what i'm saying...more of a star in the film, as the book has flashbacks...so it makes you think all that was behind him...but the film i'm guessing will show, all that is still in front of him.

Book and film will be different i'm sure, but about the same thing.

Family were not pleased...again, i reckon the family will not be pleased.

I started the book on Wednesday morning on the plane and am now on Day 40 - couldn't put it down.

Don't know if this is what the book intended but I think it put Cloughie as coming in with a real hatred of Leeds (understandable), not dealing with this hatred and the lack of acceptance and then becoming weak, reliant on drink, dillusional and almost scared (hearing Revie's voices in the bowels of the stadium).

And agree with whoever said he came across as arrogant - especially in the parts about the fights with Longson etc.

Great book though - can't wait for the film but can't see it being released over here, is it on for national release?

True but I think was very much public bravado to hide someone who was very paranoid and nervous - everyone's out to get me; FA, Revie and Leeds, fans, media, Taylor - you name it.

Of course I don't know this for sure - I'm about to start reading Cloughie: Walking on Water now and this might shed more light.

Originally posted by gawa_ram;2219

Clough talked the talk but walked the walk as well.

Davies talked ***** and walked to Scotland and Preston to buy God-awful players.

I'm with David on this one. :mad:

The film will be released nationwide....

I suggest you read as many Clough book as possible, and take this one with a pinch of Salt. Try all the autos then the bios....theres 3 coming out this year.

Clough's War - Don Shaw

We are the Damned United - Phil Rostron

The wit and the wisdome of Brian Clough - Duncan Hamilton

Archived