Gareth Bale's new logo

Day

Gareth Bale is argubaly the most overrated footballer on the planet. Stood out well at Spurs, doesn't mean he's worth anywhere near what Real Madrid paid for him.

When people started saying he was better than Neymar, Robben and Ribery et al..  :lol:

He's actually getting worse too. His debut season was a good one in all honesty, then he was poor last season and nowadays he looks out of place. 

And I also can't believe after more than two years of being in the country his Spanish is terrible.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of reports say he's struggled culturally. But whether their sources are each other...

Although Clement did say that he struggled at first and only now is starting to get better. Get better? Not that he's settled. 

4 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Gareth Bale is argubaly the most overrated footballer on the planet. Stood out well at Spurs, doesn't mean he's worth anywhere near what Real Madrid paid for him.

When people started saying he was better than Neymar, Robben and Ribery et al..  :lol:

He's actually getting worse too. His debut season was a good one in all honesty, then he was poor last season and nowadays he looks out of place. 

And I also can't believe after more than two years of being in the country his Spanish is terrible.

Whilst he is overrated IMO, you cannot argue with his record when you add in his country exploits.

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Both Messi and Ronaldo have logos, as does beckham, so it's not that unusual, I know from my kids and nephews that Messi  is especially popular with the boots and trainers, but according to Forbes he ranks lower than Ronaldo and not even in the top 10.  

Bale ranks 67th and has a 6 year deal with adidas worth an estimated 35 million, who I would guess are behind the new logo, as if it was him I'm sure he would have tried to get that silly heart thing he does.

So it is a logo to go on stuff being sold in his name, as oppose to a logo for him.

It's inevitable that major players with big reputations are going to be marketed as a brand by the companies that give them bags full of cash for the right to be associated with their name.  They are trying to get a return on their investment. Hence the logos for the major players.  It's a little annoying to see Bale so brand aware when he is actually out on the pitch though, i'd rather if such trivialities didn't cross his mind until the game was over at least.  

4 hours ago, Highgate said:

It's inevitable that major players with big reputations are going to be marketed as a brand by the companies that give them bags full of cash for the right to be associated with their name.  They are trying to get a return on their investment. Hence the logos for the major players.  It's a little annoying to see Bale so brand aware when he is actually out on the pitch though, i'd rather if such trivialities didn't cross his mind until the game was over at least.  

To be fair he has been doing that celebration for years, and the logo is based around that rather than the other way around

2 minutes ago, Alpha said:

Off topic but has everyone seen that Nivea Liverpool advert and the head and Shoulders Hart advert?

..... w t f ?

No no, no no no no, no no no no no more dandruff. 

I bet @MuespachRam was straight off down the shop for some Nivea cream after seeing Liverpool players marketing it

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I bet @MuespachRam was straight off down the shop for some Nivea cream after seeing Liverpool players marketing it

I know it made me rush out and buy some. They looked like they were having so much fun with a bucket of water. 

Just now, Alpha said:

I know it made me rush out and buy some. They looked like they were having so much fun with a bucket of water. 

Apparently Sturridge was in the first take but pulled his hamstring when they threw water at him.

1 hour ago, Alpha said:

Off topic but has everyone seen that Nivea Liverpool advert and the head and Shoulders Hart advert?

..... w t f ?

No no, no no no no, no no no no no more dandruff. 

I have. It was....strange, I guess it's the right word. It was too weird to be funny, at least when I saw it first time. I'm waiting for the second.

4 hours ago, Dimmu said:

I have. It was....strange, I guess it's the right word. It was too weird to be funny, at least when I saw it first time. I'm waiting for the second.

The second time is where the anger and disgust sneak in

8 hours ago, Alpha said:

The second time is where the anger and disgust sneak in

People now sing it, at least it was being sung at the last man city game I watched. Don't know by which set of fans though. 

Archived