'Disappointed in Derby' - SWFC forum

Bris Vegas

That said, over the 19 games this season, they've been better than us. We've been better than Brighton from game six onwards, but that'll count for little this weekend.

I really don't know what to expect, but I've just checked and there is a stream. Will be interesting and I loved how Paul Clement had a wry smile when he said it'll be a good one.

I reckon Derby are confident of winning, and I reckon they'll relish doing so.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Did we play bad? Or is it more some sides do their homework on us and close us down in packs and mark Thorne? When this happens we struggle.

I would of took a point before the game and glad we got it. Wednesday fans said they deserve the win yet like others have pointed out we hit the bar and also had a goal disallowed.

8 hours ago, TETRA said:

I would advise you to take a look at the highlights of the second half of the Brighton v Charlton game on Saturday. I did just a matter of interest late last night, just to see what we could well be facing at the iPro this coming Saturday, Brighton haven't been live on Sky very much so far this season, so I'd yet to have a more in depth look at them as you don't go 20 games unbeaten in the Championship without doing something very right ?. 

To say in your comment that they beat Charlton at home by the skin of their teeth would some somewhat unfair & hardly the reality to say the very least. Ok they had a mad first 5 minutes in the first half going quickly 2 down, but a lot of credit must go to Charlton who were really going for it with pace in the first half & any Championship team may well have found them very difficult to cope with. But in the second half Charlton never got a kick & Brighton played them off the park. Their Manager went with just three at the back, & he played all three strikers Wilson, Zamora, & Hemed up front for most of the half, & with a combination of an unplayable March & Murphy on the flanks they ripped Charlton to pieces. I certainly don't call scoring 3 goals in the second half by the 85 minute winning by the skin of their teeth. If they play like that at the iPro this Saturday we will certainly need to be a our very very best.

It's always best to watch a game before making comments on what actually happen I find.

Didn't Charlton have a man sent off as well?

I wonder if you went onto the Stoke forum there would be posts of how they should be challenging for the league based upon their weekends result and performance.

Football forums are full of wannabe Gary Neville's, who having played football manager believe they are knowledgeable about the game, why anyone would waste their time on another's team is beyond me, we post enough ***** on here between us to keep us going :-)

2 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

I wonder if you went onto the Stoke forum there would be posts of how they should be challenging for the league based upon their weekends result and performance.

Football forums are full of wannabe Gary Neville's, who having played football manager believe they are knowledgeable about the game, why anyone would waste their time on another's team is beyond me, we post enough ***** on here between us to keep us going :-)

Agreed. Thread could have been entitled 'Disappointed in Derby - DCFCFans forum'

I honestly think that we could of won had we kept the team that played against Hull. As much as I love Bradley Johnson I feel Hendrick would of been more effective yesterday. Him and Butterfield suit each other whereas Butterfield and Johnson don't. I think it should be Johnson and Hendrick/Bryson or Butterfield with Hendrick. The times yesterday we looked like scoring was when Johnson was bombing on and stretching their defence in the closing minutes. The rest of the game he was too deep, as was Butterfield. Ince was poor again but Russell wasn't much better. I think we saw a glimpse of what Martin and Bent can do together but the latter needs more than 10 minutes to stop being offside all the time. It was a standard Championship 0-0 and I think it was a point gained rather than two lost.

15 hours ago, TETRA said:

I would advise you to take a look at the highlights of the second half of the Brighton v Charlton game on Saturday. I did just a matter of interest late last night, just to see what we could well be facing at the iPro this coming Saturday, Brighton haven't been live on Sky very much so far this season, so I'd yet to have a more in depth look at them as you don't go 20 games unbeaten in the Championship without doing something very right ?. 

To say in your comment that they beat Charlton at home by the skin of their teeth would some somewhat unfair & hardly the reality to say the very least. Ok they had a mad first 5 minutes in the first half going quickly 2 down, but a lot of credit must go to Charlton who were really going for it with pace in the first half & any Championship team may well have found them very difficult to cope with. But in the second half Charlton never got a kick & Brighton played them off the park. Their Manager went with just three at the back, & he played all three strikers Wilson, Zamora, & Hemed up front for most of the half, & with a combination of an unplayable March & Murphy on the flanks they ripped Charlton to pieces. I certainly don't call scoring 3 goals in the second half by the 85 minute winning by the skin of their teeth. If they play like that at the iPro this Saturday we will certainly need to be a our very very best.

It's always best to watch a game before making comments on what actually happen I find.

If you have a Player account (assume you do) we have extended highlights and full 90 of all our home games this season. We were caught out by Charlton, committed too many men forward and to be fair to their lad he's destroyed us and scored a very good goal. Was confident we'd turn it around to be fair, 85 minutes to play and knew getting one back would shift the momentum. Highlights of our home games against Cardiff and Birmingham probably give you a better idea of us against better opposition. 

21 minutes ago, SimonBHA said:

If you have a Player account (assume you do) we have extended highlights and full 90 of all our home games this season. We were caught out by Charlton, committed too many men forward and to be fair to their lad he's destroyed us and scored a very good goal. Was confident we'd turn it around to be fair, 85 minutes to play and knew getting one back would shift the momentum. Highlights of our home games against Cardiff and Birmingham probably give you a better idea of us against better opposition. 

To be fair Birmingham and Cardiff are poor teams, how about some footage of any away game against a decent team that you have played.......Good luck on Saturday, cause you are going to need it.

37 minutes ago, robster1 said:

To be fair Birmingham and Cardiff are poor teams, how about some footage of any away game against a decent team that you have played.......Good luck on Saturday, cause you are going to need it.

Cool, thanks for the good luck. 

16 hours ago, TETRA said:

It always helps when the opposition go down to 10 men!

3 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

Take everything from that side with a pinch of salt!

Don't think any Wednesday fan in their right mind would put us ahead of you lot.

You've all said how poorly you played yesterday (Tom Ince in particular), yet you still got an away point.

Defensively we're pretty concrete. Off the ball we probably performed as well as any other game this season. 

Shackell is a brilliant CB.

2 minutes ago, aussieowl87 said:

Take everything from that side with a pinch of salt!

Don't think any Wednesday fan in their right mind would put us ahead of you lot.

You've all said how poorly you played yesterday (Tom Ince in particular), yet you still got an away point.

Exactly.

Wednesday are good at home and hard to beat, and play with a lot of confidence at home, which would have only grown minute by minute on Sunday. Cardiff werent much kop at Derby a week or two ago. But so what, Cardiff may well finish above Wednesday over 46 games. Just as i think derby will finish above both over 46 games. If one team  plays a good tactical game over another, then any team can beat any other team in this league. Forest proved that against us. Doesnt mean over 46 games that the Quality side wont finish in the top spots come the end of the season though.

Wednesday are much improved. I like Forestieri ( his name sucks though) and thought the Wendies two full backs had very good games. The Wed forward line still leaves a lot to be desired against class defenders as our two centre halves most certainly are.

I am beginning to scrutinize Bradley Johnson and Jacob Butterfield playing together. Doesn't seem to flow as freely with both of them in. I'm not convinced of BJ in a 4-3-3. He isn't a quick passing, game flowing sort of player. More of a pick the ball up and drive forward. 

Big George sort of went missing once he picked up his yellow card. I reckon he was lucky to just get a yellow and knew it. One hair out of place and he was off from then on... 

Archived