Miami Beckham United

Day

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5 December 2015 at 8:06:11 p.m., HantsRam said:

Shameless piece of puffery. 

But is it any worse than those 4 daft mancs buying Salford fc for the price of a bag of nuts and a new porta kabin for the pie lady, then engineering a bbc "documentary" all about it?

Yes totally different. They bought Salford with the idea to transform the team and get them in the league rejuvenating the area they are all from..... That ***** went to Miami and made a football team and stick his own name in the middle of it...!! Totally shameless and just about the most arrogant thing I have ever heard of. 

3 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Yes totally different. They bought Salford with the idea to transform the team and get them in the league rejuvenating the area they are all from..... That ***** went to Miami and made a football team and stick his own name in the middle of it...!! Totally shameless and just about the most arrogant thing I have ever heard of. 

Now that Neville's naffed off to Valencia I can see the rest of them quickly losing interest which makes the whole Salford fc thing similarly pointless to my mind.

Not that I'm being a Beckham apologist. I've just witnessed an advert for something called "beyond".

Beyond belief I reckon. Looked like one of his kids was in it as well. Pretentious turd.

Fair play to Beckham. 

He could have set his school etc up in Sao Paulo where talented footballers are dragged into dangerous gangs. But instead he chose to help the people of Miami and tap into that footballing volcano of talent. 

On 5 December 2015 at 16:50, LesterRam said:

I cannot stand this ****, average footballer who was a half decent dead ball player.

For me,that's more reason to admire what he has achieved. 

On 07/12/2015 at 16:26, MuespachRam said:

Not as bad as noel Gallaghers high flying birds. 

It will be interesting to see if this project actually works. It seems as though they've looked at Miami and thought "there's a lot of Hispanic people there, they love soccer!" without stopping to remember that they're almost all Cubans, who generally don't give a **** about the game because you can't just keep injecting yourself with steroids in order to become a top player. There has already been a MLS franchise in Miami. It consistently registered some of the lowest average attendances in the league before being folded in 2001.

Yep, it wasn't his exploits on the pitch, it was the advertising off the pitch that has given him his birth, how many trophies did we bag under his petulant leadership.

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

115 caps and captain of his country, more medals than you can shake a stick at, 600 odd club appearances.

That's much more than what you describe.

On ‎05‎/‎12‎/‎2015 at 10:14, Daveo said:

I apologise in advance for swearing.

Naming a football club after yourself? what an absolute jumped up ******* ****

Harsh. The local drug cartel enforcers either side of him and the recent absence of Posh from the tabloids suggests there’s more to this than meets the eye.

37 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Yep, it wasn't his exploits on the pitch, it was the advertising off the pitch that has given him his birth, how many trophies did we bag under his petulant leadership.

Exactly the same number as every other England captain ever, except one.

Nobody kept him out of that team, which was supposed to be the 'golden generation'. 

Hate him for being pretty, or successful or whatever you like but remember his 10 league titles in 4 different countries, his champions league win, various other cups, as well as individual awards, which he won for his exploits on the pitch.

He didn't play 400-odd games for the best English club side of his generation because of his looks.

Ask fergy how good he was? You would be very surprised by his response

he won titles by the exploits of the other players who could afford to carry him, the money made through advertising revenue made financial sense, he is a walking brand, he lacked pace,terrible tackler and only attribute he had was when the ball was stationary.

2 minutes ago, LesterRam said:

Ask fergy how good he was? You would be very surprised by his response

he won titles by the exploits of the other players who could afford to carry him, the money made through advertising revenue made financial sense, he is a walking brand, he lacked pace,terrible tackler and only attribute he had was when the ball was stationary.

The most successful manager in the history of English football, who could buy practically any player he wanted, picked a player nearly 400 times knowing that the rest of the team needed to carry him? Because they could make money from advertising? Because he could take corners?

I see. It's all clear to me now.

Yeah exactly, they were expanding the brand into Asia, nothing better than the poster boy, they also bought some dire Asian footballers due to financial reasons not footballing, we didn't have the money in football like we do today.

4 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

The most successful manager in the history of English football, who could buy practically any player he wanted, picked a player nearly 400 times knowing that the rest of the team needed to carry him? Because they could make money from advertising? Because he could take corners?

I see. It's all clear to me now.

Archived