Christmas - the things I hate.

Mostyn6

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just want to reiterate "Christmas radio adverts and jingles".

Absolutely excruciating hearing someone take a traditional Christmas tune, which are usually already bad, and then changing the words to it to advertise whatever they are selling.

If you've heard the one advertising board games, you'll know exactly what I mean.

4 hours ago, Mostyn6 said:

just want to reiterate "Christmas radio adverts and jingles".

Absolutely excruciating hearing someone take a traditional Christmas tune, which are usually already bad, and then changing the words to it to advertise whatever they are selling.

If you've heard the one advertising board games, you'll know exactly what I mean.

I once had a Saturday job at Kwik Save in Littleover from Nov to Jan.  Carling's version of Last Christmas will forever be burned into my memory...  

1 hour ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

I like that

I am not sure I have agreed with you on much during in the past Andy, but I am totally with you, that is great.! Merry Christmas to you by the way, and all your fellow inhabitants of that beautiful little Northern enclave over there.

• 2 weeks later...

Pine needles.

Love my real Christmas tree but this year it seems to be dropping a lot more than previous years. I've kept it topped up with water and it's not near a radiator.

Still worth it, though, for the smell as I come down the stairs in the morning.

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the thread "what I'm cr*p" at. Wrapping anything but it all comes to a head at Christmas. I wouldn't like to receive a present wrapped by me - can't cut the paper correct size, can't fold it properly then sellotaping it! Scrunched up is probably the best description.

5 hours ago, Wolfie20 said:

Wasn't sure whether to put this in the thread "what I'm cr*p" at. Wrapping anything but it all comes to a head at Christmas. I wouldn't like to receive a present wrapped by me - can't cut the paper correct size, can't fold it properly then sellotaping it! Scrunched up is probably the best description.

Gift bags are the way to go.

Last minute Christmas panics, usually 2 days before if lucky. Usually involving the missus thinking she doesn't have enough food in for 2 days, when in truth there is probably enough in the house to last 2 fecking weeks!

Just on my way to the shops, grrr.

8 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Last minute Christmas panics, usually 2 days before if lucky. Usually involving the missus thinking she doesn't have enough food in for 2 days, when in truth there is probably enough in the house to last 2 fecking weeks!

Just on my way to the shops, grrr.

Well, the shops are shut for a day, so don't forget thaose extra 12 pints of milk!

Archived