Jimmy off?

Day

Obviously Burton was not JFH's 'end game' but I don't think QPR is a good next move. Would not be bothered if he succeeds or fails, but I just think QPR is going to be a difficult club to stabilise. 

On the post above, it's unlikely because he hasn't left a bad taste in the mouth for many after failing before being sacked. I don't hold any animosity towards McClaren for his time at Derby, but that doesn't mean I'm not in the group that's enjoying his failure. A failure that almost everyone predicted. 

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why isn't QPR a good move? They have one of the best strikers in the league, a owner that will back the manager financially. Only a couple wins outside the play offs and he gets to stay in London.

Whilst I think he should have seen the job through at Burton, just staying in League 1 would have been a huge achievement, promotion would be mental.....QPR is a decent job.

Is this a play off final thing?

Just now, Daveo said:

Why isn't QPR a good move? They have one of the best strikers in the league, a owner that will back the manager financially. Only a couple wins outside the play offs and he gets to stay in London.

Whilst I think he should have seen the job through at Burton, just staying in League 1 would have been a huge achievement, promotion would be mental.....QPR is a decent job.

It might, in hindsight end up being a good move, and it's not a play off final thing. The play off final was of our own making. In truth most of my negativity towards it is based on performances I've seen, and I've seen a decent amount of them this season, which JFH could of course rectify. Also, I'm just not wholly convinced of the stability of QPR in business terms.

Of course I don't KNOW what's going to happen, and I've made this conclusion from what is most likely broken information, but it's my conclusion non-the-less. At least I'm not charging anyone for it :p 

10 minutes ago, Daveo said:

I agree even if JFH gets Burton promoted he would still not get a prem job, he would have to prove himself in the championship and he stands more chance of doing that at QPR than at Burton. They are a decent sized club, with a good squad of players.

42 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

they've only given JFH the job to keep Jason Roberts quiet!

That's 2 black managers in a row for QPR, I am sure Roberts will be along soon to point out how this is discrimination against white managers...

Think this is a bad move for him, if QPR don't get promoted this season they will start to run into issues with finances, recruitment etc. Better off seeing the Burton job out as even a play-off finish for them would be a great credit to him, and he could probably have gotten a much better job off the back of it.

JFH has done well with Burton and always came across well in interviews I have heard on Radio Derby and I think a lot of that as with Clement with Derby is down to the bloke in charge of the club. Robinson wouldn't have been putting pressure on him to get them promoted and I would imagine he would have had the job for as long as he wanted as long as they didn't get relegated.

The pressure at QPR will be a lot different and he will get a lot of stick of the fans if they don't see an improvement in the way they play and their results, they were singing Warnocks name last night. Also the club owners will be wanting to see them pushing for promotion, if not this season then definitely next season.

It will bee interesting to see how he handles that pressure if the first few results go against them. 

It will be interesting to see who Burton appoint next, recently they have appointed young ambitious managers who I'm sure they know when they appointed them, would leave if successful.  

Or will they go for the stability approach but with the caveat that whilst they keep the continuity of the manager, there ambition will probably change to keeping their league one status.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

It will be interesting to see who Burton appoint next, recently they have appointed young ambitious managers who I'm sure they know when they appointed them, would leave if successful.  

Or will they go for the stability approach but with the caveat that whilst they keep the continuity of the manager, there ambition will probably change to keeping their league one status.

I can imagine that's been the aim all along.  Their league position is a happy by product of playing the right way, but if they finished 19th come the end of the season they'd consider it successful no matter who's in charge.

1 hour ago, ramsbottom said:

I can imagine that's been the aim all along.  Their league position is a happy by product of playing the right way, but if they finished 19th come the end of the season they'd consider it successful no matter who's in charge.

I'm not so sure, you can revaluate your goals throughout the season, and now sitting two points clear at the top, and already nearly having accumulated enough points to remain in the division, would they consider finishing 19th a success? 

They have already proved with the right man in charge they have the tools to compete at the top in this league, so unless they would take managerial stability over success, then finishing 19th would be a big failure by the new manager.  

29 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

yeah but wait until Burton DON'T give the job to a brother.

Especially if it goes to one of the whitest men I can think of, Nigel Clough, who (with the exception of Theo Robinson and Nathan Tyson) loves nothing more than signing the palest Scottish lads he can find.

1 hour ago, Leeds Ram said:

I'm not so sure, you can revaluate your goals throughout the season, and now sitting two points clear at the top, and already nearly having accumulated enough points to remain in the division, would they consider finishing 19th a success? 

They have already proved with the right man in charge they have the tools to compete at the top in this league, so unless they would take managerial stability over success, then finishing 19th would be a big failure by the new manager.  

TBF to you, I used an extreme example.  If they weren't to be promoted I don't think the new manager will be given the chop.  For a club of Burton's size, a consolidation year in the highest division they've ever played in isn't the end of the world.

5 hours ago, Kennington Ram said:

Think this is a bad move for him, if QPR don't get promoted this season they will start to run into issues with finances, recruitment etc. Better off seeing the Burton job out as even a play-off finish for them would be a great credit to him, and he could probably have gotten a much better job off the back of it.

Having seen QPR turn down over £10m for Austin I don't think finances are an issue for them.

The only financial problem they should be worried about is the huge fine The FL imposed when they cheated their way out of the league at our expense.

I think JFH is in a no lose situation, if he gets promoted he is a hero, if not then he inherited a load of sh*te and probably increases his wages at least tenfold in the process.

Archived