Jimmy off?

Day

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

In talks with QPR. Real shame if he went half-way through getting the job done, gutted for the Burton fans.

Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink: QPR open talks with Burton boss

Queens Park Rangers have opened talks with Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink about the Burton manager becoming their new boss.
The Championship club made an official approach to Burton for the 43-year-old ex-Leeds and Chelsea striker and are now in negotiations.
Neil Warnock has been in interim charge at Loftus Road since Chris Ramsey was sacked on 4 November.
Hasselbaink won League Two with Burton last season and the Brewers are two points clear at the top of League One.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/34983225

Burton have had two good appointments in a row, if you're a Burton fan you just have to have faith the good choices will keep being made.

A part of me really hopes JFH snubs QPR, I think it'll be a mistake to make the move in the long term.

If you ignore the Kevin Poole caretaker spell. That's 3 now isn't it that have left Burton when they are either near or top of the table....Clough, Rowett and JFH. Must be frustrating. 

At a time when the media are taking pops at clubs for not being loyal to the managers, you have 3 here that walked out on a club looking at promotion for bigger clubs. Why not see the job through and one to stick on the CV.

Clough was there a few years but the other 2 were there 5 minutes. 

Getting Burton to the Championship would have been a huge achievement when you look at the clubs in that league, how long have Sheff Utd been trying and with all the money spent. Crazy really what a good job he's doing.

48 minutes ago, Daveo said:

If you ignore the Kevin Poole caretaker spell. That's 3 now isn't it that have left Burton when they are either near or top of the table....Clough, Rowett and JFH. Must be frustrating. 

At a time when the media are taking pops at clubs for not being loyal to the managers, you have 3 here that walked out on a club looking at promotion for bigger clubs. Why not see the job through and one to stick on the CV.

Clough was there a few years but the other 2 were there 5 minutes. 

Getting Burton to the Championship would have been a huge achievement when you look at the clubs in that league, how long have Sheff Utd been trying and with all the money spent. Crazy really what a good job he's doing.

don't forget Pesci's spell. Not sure where it fits in with your point, but you forgot he was there.

2 minutes ago, Mostyn6 said:

think he started off pretty well, got them near the play-offs, then plummeted. Wasn't bad when you consider they were in their first season in the league.

Yeah but I was talking about managers that have left them at the top or near the top and not seeing promotion through. Pesch was sacked in the end

56 minutes ago, ramsbottom said:

I'm in a pickle about this, always liked the man (despite his stint at Le**s) but if he goes there I'll have to hope he fails miserably...  You wonder why he'd go to a basket case of a club like that anyway, but I thought the same of Rowett going to Brum...

Still lives in London and commutes to Burton every day apparently

25 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

To be fair, its probably not to bad to do every day if you can get to St Pancreas OK and are rich enough to pay train fares.

True. I used to commute daily by train to the stock exchange, but it still wears a bit thin when you fall asleep and end up in Chesterfield, Sheffield or Wakefield.

Archived