Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Zag zig

33 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It could be worse! He could be a black Muslim gay forest supporting conservative voting pikey with a disability. 

Judging by his homophobic views, I think it's quite likely you can cross "gay" off the list. Unless of course he doth protest too much :wub:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, ossieram said:

How about giving the sports personality award to someone with a personality! Fury should get it in my opinion but they won't want to give it to a pikey.

So what counts as 'personality'? That guff he spouts before a fight? The singing after the fight? His views on abortion and homosexuality? His belief in the imminent return of Satan? His half-witted justification (the Bible was written a long time ago and it it tells me it's wrong, it's wrong for me).

He comes across as difficult to like and as someone with a very strange 'personality'.

Just now, AndyinLiverpool said:

So what counts as 'personality'? That guff he spouts before a fight? The singing after the fight? His views on abortion and homosexuality? His belief in the imminent return of Satan? His half-witted justification (the Bible was written a long time ago and it it tells me it's wrong, it's wrong for me).

He comes across as difficult to like and as someone with a very strange 'personality'.

All of the above.

3 hours ago, ossieram said:

How about giving the sports personality award to someone with a personality! Fury should get it in my opinion but they won't want to give it to a pikey.

Agreed.  He may be a decent boxer who's caught Klitchko well below peak condition but he's a complete and utter c**t...

I think it's about time they changed the name to Sports Person of the Year, takes away the ambiguity.  If you're looking at it purely from a sporting achievement point of view it should be between Farah, Froome or Inness.  Team of the Year between England cricket and Davis Cup squad.  Coach of The Year - Dougie Freedman!!!

I'd give it to Murray without question. I know he hasn't his best year individually and the Davis Cup triumph will be honoured with the team award, but Murray's contribution within that team set up was exceptional. There's the obvious point that without him on the court we'd be struggling in Euro/Africa II, but his leadership has proved essential in helping raise the performance of those around him. I'd wager there's never been a Davis Cup winning team with a greater disparity in terms of world ranking between the best player and the rest of the team.

Is it just me or is it hard to get too excited by any of this mob ?

Cant think of a previous occasion when nominees represented such a dislikeable set of individuals coupled with a handful of always-to-be also-rans

Have never quite understood this cringe-worthy awards thing personally

Froome should win it, but because it is now universally accepted that winning the Tour is easy with Team Sky he won't.

Fury is an idiot, but as has been said at least he has a personality.... Jessica Ennis...yes please, but no to winning this.... where is Joe Root?? crazy.

I think that Will Hughes should get it personally.

I'm completely biased but i'll make a case for Adam Peaty and why we should all vote for him.....

Working class lad, parents struggled to afford to take him to training.

Brought up on a council estate in Utch.

His dad is the most ordinary, shy, quiet, salt of the earth type of bloke you've ever met.

No one wanted to help with sponsorship until they suddenly realised he's the best swimmer in the world.

If he wins he'll be announced as "City of Derby Swimmer, Adam Peaty"

I went to school with his dad.

I work with his uncle.

He won't win because Swimming doesn't have the profile of Motor Racing or Tennis but Adam is a true sportsman who has had to work like mad for very little financial reward to be the best in the world, the fastest ever in his chosen sport.

5 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

why is Jessica Ennis even it it? she won the world championship, but thats it, is it really special enough to be the best British sportsperson this year?

Because she had a baby and then got fit and won it again....

Supposedly, after women, especially, sports women have given birth their metabolism and other stuff gets complete screwed up and it takes years to return to normal.  She competed and beat the best in the world a year before she should've just been beginning to train again...

Archived