Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Zag zig

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 12/1/2015, 11:59:15, ossieram said:

How about giving the sports personality award to someone with a personality! Fury should get it in my opinion but they won't want to give it to a pikey.

They won't give it to a homophobe

So because you disagree with someone's views they're wrong? Sure Fury comes across as a bit of a fruit loop but at least he's honest and expresses his own opinion, no matter how much you disagree with it. I see him as a personality - saying and doing bizzarre things is part of that. Nowadays people just pick and choose how to categorise things based on their own opinions and if something doesn't adhere to this then it's automatically deemed as wrong. I understand his views are generally unpopular and I certainly do not share them, but in truth he's just a Catholic publicly expressing his religious feelings. I do however want to reiterate that I personally disagree with his views before anyone jumps on my back, but I do say fair play to him for not being afraid, in a world of political correctness and getting offended for being offended's sake, to speak his mind. 

And how many of the other contenders would come out with this gem?

"But when asked whether he's changed at all, Fury insists that fame and glory will never change who he is as a person.

He said: 'No because I can only wear this suit, I've had this suit on all week and I've still got it on. I'm the heavyweight champion of the world and I've still got Slazenger socks on, about 100 pairs for £1, so I know I'm going to get stick for that because last time I was on Sky with the Slazenger socks and suit I was ripped to pieces but I don't care today."

• 2 weeks later...
On 6 December 2015 at 18:59, rezner said:

I think it's a disgrace that Danny Kent doesn't even get a mention. 

The first moto gp champion since Barry Sheene in 77.

Got a mention in the round up, along with anyone Irish that won anything going.

On 1 December 2015 at 12:51, Kernow said:

Bookies reckon 1) Murray 2) Ennis-Hill 3) Fury

Close, almost lit the cigar, but the Rugby League guy, whatisname Sinfield got 2nd.

On 1 December 2015 at 07:20, froggg said:

I suspect Murray will just nudge it, as rare as a triple Formula 1 champion is.

Nailed it, though the the people of Worthing have been affronted by his speech.

On 30 November 2015 at 22:21, Zag zig said:

Contenders just announced

What chance Murray or Hamilton becoming only the 4th person to win twice?

Team of the year - G.B men's Tennis surely. 

Well got the last bit nailed myself. 

However the REAL WINNER of the show was the courageous young kid Bailey Matthews who has Cerebral Palsy. What an inspiration and his feats went viral with 80 odd million YouTube hits for completing a triathlon. He won the Helen Rollason award. This kid just bounces up when he falls over and exudes confidence, left a lump in my throat. One of the bravest kids who knows no bounds - standing ovation from all in the room.

Congrats to all the winners, thoroughly deserved, good show, no flubs or awkward interviews (Fury aside)...  The thing that p155ed me off though was some of the sour faced, miserable wags.  Your fellas sport paid for that pretty frock you've got on and gave you the opportunity to be there, smile for f00ks sake!!!  At least the sportswomen appreciated it, some of the England Hockey team were hot!!!

Archived