Sports Personality of the Year 2015

Zag zig

Contenders just announced

What chance Murray or Hamilton becoming only the 4th person to win twice?

Athletes Jessica Ennis-Hill, Mo Farah and Greg Rutherford are included, with tennis player Andy Murray, F1's Lewis Hamilton and footballer Lucy Bronze.

Boxer Tyson Fury, cyclists Chris Froome and Lizzie Armitstead, swimmer Adam Peaty, gymnast Max Whitlock and rugby league's Kevin Sinfield are nominated.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/34845325

Team of the year - G.B men's Tennis surely. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, froggg said:

I suspect Murray will just nudge it, as rare as a triple Formula 1 champion is.

Murray has about as much personality as a haggis so too Hamilton , Fury has more PERSONALITY  than both of them IMHO.

2 hours ago, eddie said:

I would thing that it's between Murray and Hamilton - their achievements have been down to all-year-long brilliance

It was NOT originally named at winners, many seconds have won the trophy in the past.

Does anybody know what the actual judging criteria of this award is? Most successful, best personality, most inspiring? It always just seems like a popularity contest to me....or is that the point?

37 minutes ago, Ovis aries said:

Murray has about as much personality as a haggis so too Hamilton , Fury has more PERSONALITY  than both of them IMHO.

It was NOT originally named at winners, many seconds have won the trophy in the past.

Didn't know that.

36 minutes ago, Daveo said:

In the last 7 years 3 have won it for riding a bike, and one for sitting on a horse :ermm:

It's not impossible that someone may win it this year for completing and winning the worlds toughest sporting event/bike ride.

9 minutes ago, froggg said:

It's not impossible that someone may win it this year for completing and winning the worlds toughest sporting event/bike ride.

Let's hope a real sportsman/woman wins otherwise nobody will take it seriously anymore, will end up like Eurovision

1 hour ago, ossieram said:

How about giving the sports personality award to someone with a personality! Fury should get it in my opinion but they won't want to give it to a pikey.

Way to lower the thread with hate-speech aimed at the rest of the population's voting intentions.

22 minutes ago, ossieram said:

It could be worse! He could be a black Muslim gay forest supporting conservative voting pikey with a disability. 

You have to call them travelers nowadays. I'm not sure why. Maybe they run without bouncing the ball or buy* loads of train tickets.

*lol

Archived