Stadium Strobe Lighting

Derbados

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was superb. I almost felt like lying on the ground thrashing about, foaming at the mouth and pissing myself. You know, to fit in with the atmosphere.

21 minutes ago, Gritters said:

I'm not sure anyone who suffers with epilepsy would like it.

The big screens carried a warning, but whether you could see it when lying under your seat face down is debateable.

1 hour ago, Jean Antoine Tessier said:

Wasn't a massive fan of it myself. Was worried that it was lead to some floodlight failure when we were 2-0 up, causing the game to be cancelled!

The lights are Philips LED tech (Philips ArenaVision LED floodlighting). Stamford Bridge also uses it.

Think its a bit much personally.

40 minutes ago, North_Stand_Ram said:

I thought it was terribly cringy. I did like how they dimmed the floodlights before kick off and at half time. Nice ground

As that was the only bit evident on the Sky Sports highlights video, I thought this thread might actually turn out to be reasonably positive - for 2 seconds it looked pretty decent...

...and then I watched the whole 'lights show' video, horrible! No place in football for that!

5 hours ago, Derbados said:

This is one that will certainly divide opinion no doubt! But I thought Hulls Strobe lighting pre match last night was brilliant. Really set the scene and I can imagine during huge games it would look fantastic. 

Something the the club should consider?

Please no. 

Archived