Sheff Wed v Derby County

David

4 hours ago, Cam the Ram said:

Wednesday have got a game against Stoke on Tuesday in the cup and I'd assume they'll play mostly first team players (they did in the previous round against Arsenal) so we'll have had 8 days rest compared to their 4

FTFY

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thorne came straight back in after his suspension against QPR. Think that probably hints that if you've been consistently better than your replacement all season, you'll get to come back into the team even if they do have a decent game.

You can argue it's bad for morale if you get dropped after playing well in a big result, but you can equally argue that it's bad for morale if you get dropped despite playing well all season. 

I'd argue Hendrick's a grown man and a professional who'll understand why Johnson's in the team ahead of him and get on with it.

3 hours ago, top 6 finish said:

Good point YR if we pick BJ maybe its Ince who should give way,he seems to

have lost some confidence recently.Anyway he could play a part as a sub,if he

does well he may get back to his best.I would expect Hendrick,,Bryson and Russell

to get on at sometime.

Never mind about a point we will get all 3 as we did at Hull,I said 2 clear goals for that

game,expecting 3-1.We have to get 3 points because we have 2 tough games coming

up. Home to Brighton who have gone 18 games unbeaten and away to Ipswich its always

tough in Tractor country and they seem to be hitting form.I wont be expecting 6 points from

thse 2 games. 

I feel Ince is on the verge of regaining the form he showed last season. Earlier in the season, he lacked composure on the ball and made some poor decisions and generally nothing he tried seemed to come off. Against Hull, he was constantly getting in dangerous positions and had a couple of chances where had he shot, he had a good chance of scoring but instead often opted to lay it off.

Much like Weimann, I feel as soon as Ince scores, the floodgates could open and with that added confidence we could have the potent attacker with the ability to score at will, we saw last season!

37 minutes ago, Leicester Ram said:

Thorne came straight back in after his suspension against QPR. Think that probably hints that if you've been consistently better than your replacement all season, you'll get to come back into the team even if they do have a decent game.

You can argue it's bad for morale if you get dropped after playing well in a big result, but you can equally argue that it's bad for morale if you get dropped despite playing well all season. 

I'd argue Hendrick's a grown man and a professional who'll understand why Johnson's in the team ahead of him and get on with it.

Without Thorne, the style of play had to be adapted as there is no like for like replacement for him. Johnson for Hendrick is effectively a straight swap and therefore Hendrick has earned his starting team spot.

We can always bring Johnson on as a sub if we're lacking something in midfield...

26 minutes ago, unclej said:

The thing with Ince is that he clearly does not have that quick turn of pace, that acceleration over a short distance, so necessary for a player in his position.

I agree with this. Russell and Weimann are the nippy types, whereas Ince only looks quick once he gets going in a straight line, as daft as it sounds. 

4 minutes ago, WorksopRam said:

I agree with this. Russell and Weimann are the nippy types, whereas Ince only looks quick once he gets going in a straight line, as daft as it sounds. 

To be fair to Ince when he does his running he usually does have the hindrance of taking the ball with him.

10 hours ago, i-Ram said:

To be fair to Ince when he does his running he usually does have the hindrance of taking the ball with him.

Exactly, he's not the ball chasing type. When he does have to chase the ball, I don't recall him losing a footrace where the defender didn't have a huge head start on him.

4 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I'd liken Wednesday to a big gals blouse, think were gonna slap em about, we'll be all

over em like a dirty coat. all we have to do is turn up, Game Over.

Reserve team a run out, rest the first teamers!

This will be the first post quoted on any Wednesday forum by any yorkshire snoopers on here. Lets see who takes the bait.

4 hours ago, DesertRam said:

I'd liken Wednesday to a big gals blouse, think were gonna slap em about, we'll be all

over em like a dirty coat. all we have to do is turn up, Game Over.

Reserve team a run out, rest the first teamers!

We will go weak at the knees, swoon at your mucky coyt!

1 minute ago, AnimalisaRam said:

I'd normally go to Wednesday away, Hillsborough's decent - but the price. I'm being a half fan for this one.

Fair comment. 

Archived