Sheff Wed v Derby County

David

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only reason that Sheff Wed want to play us is to see how far they have come. They do not expect to win the game.

Since BJ, Butters and Kev Phillips came it has been W10, D2, L1. Unbelievable run really.We are still getting better.

Do what Clement suggests and win the game. Any questions?

Still have great memories of when we played at Hillsboro',in 1984ish,think we lost,but

Marco Gabbadini,what a player. We had to drive through Striking miners,interrogated

by some nasty cops who were convinced we were flying pickets.Seem to remember

they had a penalty that was harsh to say the least.

I'm optimistic.

Wednesday are one of the teams I always feel we'll beat. It's even better as my cousin's a Wednesday fan.

They're not a bad team, capable of getting something off us, but my ample gut tells me we'll do it.

extended time to prepare as well, playing Friday then Sunday, although with no midweek match it'll not be that big a deal.

2 minutes ago, super rams said:

I am hoping we play like the first 25 mins of the Hull game but do it for 90 mins, we cannot afford to let the opposition dictate the possession and let them have plenty of chances and rely on luck again as we did against Hull.

Don't entirely agree. Hull had more possession from the half hour mark but at no time did I feel we handed over control of the game. They were always going to be good enough to create chances but don't forget, so did we.

If we approach the Sheff Wed match as you've suggested and we end up dropping points chasing a third goal (a la Birmingham a couple of seasons ago), what would the reaction of some of the fans be?.

I'm happy for Clements to decide how his team play the 90 minutes - he seems confident that he has the squad to manage a game if and when we take a lead.

1 hour ago, super rams said:

I am hoping we play like the first 25 mins of the Hull game but do it for 90 mins, we cannot afford to let the opposition dictate the possession and let them have plenty of chances and rely on luck again as we did against Hull.

Don't be a WUM all your life super rams. We didn't rely on luck against Hull, we relied on Carson. That is what a goalkeeper is for. Not sure they had too many clear cut chances either did they? The Maloney 'miss' looked like Carson had it covered if it had been on target.  Quite happy for us to play the same way on Sunday. First goal will be key.

6 minutes ago, i-Ram said:

Don't be a WUM all your life super rams. We didn't rely on luck against Hull, we relied on Carson. That is what a goalkeeper is for. Not sure they had too many clear cut chances either did they? The Maloney 'miss' looked like Carson had it covered if it had been on target.  Quite happy for us to play the same way on Sunday. First goal will be key.

Carson only had 2 saves to make - they had 23 attempts but only 2 on goal  - hence why I said why we cannot gave teams that amount of attempts and possession they had. Poor finishing was the difference......

2 hours ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

I'm optimistic.

Wednesday are one of the teams I always feel we'll beat. It's even better as my cousin's a Wednesday fan.

They're not a bad team, capable of getting something off us, but my ample gut tells me we'll do it.

extended time to prepare as well, playing Friday then Sunday, although with no midweek match it'll not be that big a deal.

Wednesday have got a game against Stoke on Tuesday in the cup and I'd assume they'll play mostly first team players (they did in the previous round against Arsenal) so we'll have had 7 days rest compared to their 3

Bradley Johnson in for Hendrick is a must. Sheffield Wednesday are decent, but their record against teams near the top is poor and they do concede goals.

First goal will be crucial, if we get it I can't see us losing. If they get it, I can't see us winning!

Will go for 1-1, which will be acceptable if then we go and beat Brighton the week after.

This is the best Sheff Weds team they have had for a while. Will be a tough game, but we are more than capable of beating them. Personally, I would say keep the same team as Hull. Bradley on the bench. But that's just because I like to keep a winning team and not because I don't rate Bradley because I do. 

Sheff weds 0-2 Derby

weimann and Ince

Can't believe people are really calling for Hendrick to be dropped... thought he had a great game against Hull?

We've just beaten the league leaders 2-0 with every player putting a shift in and earning that result by being the better team, morale will be high in the dressing room, what better way to crush that than dropping a player who was integral to our victory...

Surely it has to be the same team? We all know the phrase ''don't change a winning team''. Hendrick has earned the right to keep his shirt for the next game, what message does it send out if he puts in a good performance against a strong side only to be dropped for the following game?

Good point YR if we pick BJ maybe its Ince who should give way,he seems to

have lost some confidence recently.Anyway he could play a part as a sub,if he

does well he may get back to his best.I would expect Hendrick,,Bryson and Russell

to get on at sometime.

Never mind about a point we will get all 3 as we did at Hull,I said 2 clear goals for that

game,expecting 3-1.We have to get 3 points because we have 2 tough games coming

up. Home to Brighton who have gone 18 games unbeaten and away to Ipswich its always

tough in Tractor country and they seem to be hitting form.I wont be expecting 6 points from

thse 2 games. 

Archived