England v France

Day

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, AndyinLiverpool said:

It is possible to like one player but not another.

But I thought young players from big clubs without much Premier League experience shouldn't be in the England squad? 

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

But I thought young players from big clubs without much Premier League experience shouldn't be in the England squad? 

joker, he'd played 60 odd games in the lower leagues before he's 18. he's been a regular in most of the games for a top 6 spurs team this season, making a huge step up from mk dons. he's still 19. Lingard hasnt played that many games at 23, couldnt dislodge Derby County wingers last season and has been thrown a bone by Van Gaal because he spent loads of cash on a dodgy dutch winger. get the younguns playing by all means, just the ones that are really decent prospects. if lingard played for a bottom half prem team he wouldnt have even been considered and you know it

6 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

joker, he'd played 60 odd games in the lower leagues before he's 18. he's been a regular in most of the games for a top 6 spurs team this season, making a huge step up from mk dons. he's still 19. Lingard hasnt played that many games at 23, couldnt dislodge Derby County wingers last season and has been thrown a bone by Van Gaal because he spent loads of cash on a dodgy dutch winger. get the younguns playing by all means, just the ones that are really decent prospects. if lingard played for a bottom half prem team he wouldnt have even been considered and you know it

Ali has played 70 odd games in League One and 10 in the Premiership. Lingard 40 odd in The Championship and 5 in Premier League/Champions League.

As previously stated,  is there not a reason Lingard is at Man United rather than a bottom half team?

Are you suggesting All would be in the England team if he was at Bournemouth say instead of Spurs?

12 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

I questioned how a player who has started 2 PL games & could only make the bench of a Championship side 6 months ago could make the England side.

I also mentioned Will Hughes and said that with the likes of players being included, if he was playing for Tottenham and fit, he'd most likely be in the squad too. If Alli played for Derby or a lower PL side I don't think he'd have been in the squad, that's just my opinion. Doesn't stop me thinking he's a good player, which was evident in the quality of his goal and all round performance.

If you're going to try and start an argument at least try and make it logical please.

47 minutes ago, Kernow said:

I questioned how a player who has started 2 PL games & could only make the bench of a Championship side 6 months ago could make the England side.

I also mentioned Will Hughes and said that with the likes of players being included, if he was playing for Tottenham and fit, he'd most likely be in the squad too. If Alli played for Derby or a lower PL side I don't think he'd have been in the squad, that's just my opinion. Doesn't stop me thinking he's a good player, which was evident in the quality of his goal and all round performance.

If you're going to try and start an argument at least try and make it logical please.

That's fair comment, but maybe last night showed he has been picked on ability rather than the mis-conception that it's just because he plays for Tottenham...just a thought.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ali has played 70 odd games in League One and 10 in the Premiership. Lingard 40 odd in The Championship and 5 in Premier League/Champions League.

As previously stated,  is there not a reason Lingard is at Man United rather than a bottom half team?

Are you suggesting All would be in the England team if he was at Bournemouth say instead of Spurs?

Alli has done the buiness and earned a "promotion" , he's started at the bottom and worked his way up.... Lingard started at the top, moved down, did f*ck all and then moved back up again, and is 4 years older. there is a reason alli isnt with bournemouth but i imagine he'd be decent for them, i cant say i think the same for ode jesse

1 hour ago, G STAR RAM said:

That's fair comment, but maybe last night showed he has been picked on ability rather than the mis-conception that it's just because he plays for Tottenham...just a thought.

Yes I'm not questioning his ability I just question whether a player of the same ability from a lower club would get a chance. The same with Lingard, is he truly good enough when for United & England? He'd surely have made our side if that was the case.

Zaha is a good example. Does well in the Championship, signs for United in January 2013 but stays at Palace - no call up. Joins United in the summer, August 2013 called up and plays twice for United. Rejoins Palace, plays well consistently and no call up. It does make you ask questions.

8 minutes ago, Kernow said:

Yes I'm not questioning his ability I just question whether a player of the same ability from a lower club would get a chance. The same with Lingard, is he truly good enough when for United & England? He'd surely have made our side if that was the case.

Zaha is a good example. Does well in the Championship, signs for United in January 2013 but stays at Palace - no call up. Joins United in the summer, August 2013 called up and plays twice for United. Rejoins Palace, plays well consistently and no call up. It does make you ask questions.

totally agree

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Alli has done the buiness and earned a "promotion" , he's started at the bottom and worked his way up.... Lingard started at the top, moved down, did f*ck all and then moved back up again, and is 4 years older. there is a reason alli isnt with bournemouth but i imagine he'd be decent for them, i cant say i think the same for ode jesse

Wasn't Lingard a stand out player for Brighton when they reached the play offs?

21 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

oh yeah. actually, you've changed my mind. he's really good and i think he's the future of the national team. 

It's amazing how really, REALLY clever people can answer a completely different question and use it to win a totally different argument.

My hat goes off to you.

58 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

oh yeah. actually, you've changed my mind. he's really good and i think he's the future of the national team. 

Not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that your logic for why he should not be given his chance is flawed.

5 hours ago, G STAR RAM said:

Not trying to change your mind, just pointing out that your logic for why he should not be given his chance is flawed.

whats my logic? that i don't think he's good enough? or that i don't think he's particularly proved himself at any level enough to warrant an international call up and therefore not really earned his chance on merit but because of the prestige of the the club he developed through? Either way flawed or not, its just what i think. we're only still talking about it because we keep answering each other even though we clearly have different opinions. i'm not that arsed about it though, i mean i'd sooner watch the whole under 21's given a go at international level just to see if they could actually grow into a decent outfit eventually. 

Archived