Notts Police listening for vile and distasteful chants

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can of worms opened up by the coppers there. I read the story and rather "replies" on the red dogs site nottinghampost.co.uk site first. And pretty much agreed with them all.  There is a very blurry line between banter and what is deemed distasteful by the police. Not to mention the i find the statement overall to be condescending and offensive to the average football supporter. the biggest thing I agree with from the reds is this "Police force clubs to move games to early kickoffs for reasons of safety and to reduce chances of drunk fans interferring, yet Sky can move a game freely without competition to a friday night which is prime time for troublemaking"

Been on a few forums now. Anyone else really quite angry about that police statement????? Its disresptful to all football supporters, and indeed the human race.

I was expecting a statement about derby fans buying tickets in the home end. Not a word of it.

15 minutes ago, jagerbob said:

Can of worms opened up by the coppers there. I read the story and rather "replies" on the red dogs site nottinghampost.co.uk site first. And pretty much agreed with them all.  There is a very blurry line between banter and what is deemed distasteful by the police. Not to mention the i find the statement overall to be condescending and offensive to the average football supporter. the biggest thing I agree with from the reds is this "Police force clubs to move games to early kickoffs for reasons of safety and to reduce chances of drunk fans interferring, yet Sky can move a game freely without competition to a friday night which is prime time for troublemaking"

I'm all for the late kick off. If there's trouble it's the polices job to police it. I don't count ordering the clubs to kickoff at 12 as policing it, I count that as them shirking their responsibilities. Why not have it at 2am on a Wednesday? No one will go but at least there'll be no trouble.

It's amazing what the police will concern themselves with and what they won't. Comparing this nonsense about snooping for offensive singing with rearranging kickoff times demonstrates the police will look for ways of getting out of doing their jobs but then on the other hand look for ways to involve themselves in things that have got nothing to do with them.

Compared to the way some police forces handle local derbies or games where there is a chance of it kicking off I reckon Derby's and notts plod are pretty relaxed about it all.

We don't have to do bubble trips like some clubs. Bristol at Cardiff last week seen Bristol fans having to meet at a service station before the game to pick up their tickets before the game leaving them little or no time to get into Cardiff early and some fans that don't live near either city having to travel miles out of their way.

Other teams have it where you have to travel on official coaches, Burnley fans that don't live in Burnley had to travel there to get the bus to go to Blackburn.

So plod saying "we are watching you" doesn't really bother me because I can't really see them steaming in and dragging hundreds out if they sing something that winds up a few treetards.

I'll always remember my dad walking through to the City Ground with his shirt on display I wouldn't recommend it. He was spat on by this young chav and his friends bumped into abused etc. On way back got abused by the same young lad ironically both tried to fight each other and got pulled back the memories!

He brought on him self by doing it though. Also one time we was at home there was a young Forest fan must of been 18 and stick thin. Walking up the bridge with his shirt on. Got pushed over the bridge onto the grass (Not in the river thankfully) by this huge guy.. moral of the story don't have your shirt on display!!!

1 hour ago, Ashz09 said:

I'll always remember my dad walking through to the City Ground with his shirt on display I wouldn't recommend it. He was spat on by this young chav and his friends bumped into abused etc. On way back got abused by the same young lad ironically both tried to fight each other and got pulled back the memories!

He brought on him self by doing it though. Also one time we was at home there was a young Forest fan must of been 18 and stick thin. Walking up the bridge with his shirt on. Got pushed over the bridge onto the grass (Not in the river thankfully) by this huge guy.. moral of the story don't have your shirt on display!!!

Victim blamer. 

Archived