Notts Police listening for vile and distasteful chants

Day

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ossieram said:

Most offensive chants start in the area I'm in and I didn't hear or start any last night.

Right up against the West Stand wall in the SS. 

"Who's that lying on a treadmill". Only one bloke. 

Not saying anything about the bloke at all. He could be a tit. He could be a sound bloke with a dark sense of humour. Just they're out there. Equipped with nasty songs

Just now, Alpha said:

Right up against the West Stand wall in the SS. 

"Who's that lying on a treadmill". Only one bloke. 

Not saying anything about the bloke at all. He could be a tit. He could be a sound bloke with a dark sense of humour. Just they're out there. Equipped with nasty songs

I'm in the top block by the away fans and some our humour could be classed as tasteless or nasty, but it's tame compared to what we used to sing on the terraces.

44 minutes ago, froggg said:

Vile and distasteful chant's have never been a crime, racist and anti gay ones obviously are, the Police as under resourced as they are should be out catching criminals. 

This. There's a line between just not nice and something the police should be involved with. 

43 minutes ago, TheDeadlySaul said:

Freedom speech doesn't take place in a private place. 

If I didn't want someone in my house insulting me then I'm in my right to tell him to leave. 

But it wouldn't be down to the police to tell you what people couldn't or couldn't say in your house and the warning is from them not the treetards.

If people want to sing about Doughty or Philpott then let them.

I'd rather live in a world where people can say nasty things and I can judge them based on that behaviour as an individual, rather than a world where some unseen power is dictating what people can and can't say before they've even said it.

3 minutes ago, JoetheRam said:

If people want to sing about Doughty or Philpott then let them.

I'd rather live in a world where people can say nasty things and I can judge them based on that behaviour as an individual, rather than a world where some unseen power is dictating what people can and can't say before they've even said it.

Most of it is mock outrage anyway and I've heard plenty of people from Derby say stuff about the Philpotts that makes the stuff notts sing about seem pretty tame. It used to wind me up just for the simple fact that my daughter is a Philpott through marriage to one of micks nephews and I have 3 (soon to be 4) grandkids that carry the name. I also used to drink with micks dad and you couldn't have met a nicer bloke and a complete opposite of his son.

Archived