Chris Powell to be given the boot today

Day

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dougie has won just 3 in 23, 24 if you include the cup. We all take the piss out of Fawaz for being trigger happy but credit where credit is due he's given him a real chance.

I don't expect Forest with their embargo and grab what you can squad to be much higher but you would certainly expect a few more wins, as should Huddersfield really. 

The nightmare scenario would be Powell getting the Forest job. One of my favourite players and seemingly a really nice bloke in charge of THEM. That said, I think he might be an ideal replacement for JFH at Burton when he moves upwards (note I said upwards which rules out Forest).

As others have said this is a bit of a strange move from Huddersfield. They really can't expect to be higher than lower mid table on the budget they're working with.

Powell will be back in management before long. The Barnsley job will probably be available soon.

Huddersfield Town are set to appoint David Wagner, Jurgen Klopp's former assistant at Borussia Dortmund. Wagner has been in chage of the Dortmund U23 group from 2011-15 and clearly learned his trade from the best.

Like Aitor Karanka and Paul Clement, looking to take the leap into management.

Quite a bit of a trend going on here.

Talking to an Huddersfield mate, he tells me most liked Chris Powell BUT supposedly he ranks 33rd out of 35 Managers in win rate.

Dont know how true that is, but if so accepting he might have been given much money to spend, prevented/decided not to do so, purely on that stat the decision more understandable. 

35 minutes ago, Zag zig said:

Talking to an Huddersfield mate, he tells me most liked Chris Powell BUT supposedly he ranks 33rd out of 35 Managers in win rate.

Dont know how true that is, but if so accepting he might have been given much money to spend, prevented/decided not to do so, purely on that stat the decision more understandable. 

What is the stat though?. Is it 35 past Huddersfield Managers?

Otherwise, it doesn't make sense where the number comes from.

If so, how many Huddersfield Managers have managed in the Championship in recent years?. It comes back to the point about what the club's expectations are and if they are realistic. If the board are unhappy with anything other than playoffs then they're not in the real world.

Archived