'Clement can be our Ferguson'

Animal is a Ram

4 minutes ago, Kernow said:

No but he could have recognised it was a pretty silly question to ask if a manager of 14 games can be like a manager who won god knows however many trophies in 26 years.

I know he's not literally saying he will be like Alex Ferguson, but if Forest were in our position and Fawaz said this, I'd find it funny.

What, like Fawaz saying they were going to get an "iconic" manager in and then Steve Correrill walked in. :lol:

I take your point but it's just a reflection of the positive vibe around the club at the moment & long may it continue.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It should also be noted that his answer was not directed entirely at fans. At some point that response is going to get to Paul, probably already has and if I was him, I'd take a lot of confidence from someone publicly speaking of me in that way.

8 minutes ago, Ninos said:

I agree with Kernow's first paragraph: I thought the radio question was a bit over the top and Mel had little choice but to field the question. He gave a good answer considering. 

Although I get where Kernow is coming from, I don't necessarily agree with his second paragraph.

If PC does take us  premier league top 10 top 5 or better then why would he leave ? As Mel said, would he go for a better salary etc? I don't think so: we have a strong owner with a strong vision but with loyalty between chief exec owner and manager. That was a prime point of his interview: that the most successful clubs have a core leadership with understood vision that is rock steady over time. When PC said : "im staying" I don't think it was just a funny, flippant reply I think he really meant lt. 

supposedly a host of clubs wanted PC perhaps even premier league clubs but he came here, Kevin p left Leicester for here and Bradley dropped a division to come here. What does that say about us? If we were to ride high in the PL don't you think the draw to dcfc will be even greater then ? And the desire to stay even greater ?

We need to get promoted clearly but we are at the start of something very big and I don't think the manager or anyone else - save a few players who can't make game day squad - would seriously think about jumping ship anytime soon.

In a way yes but there's only so successful he could be before he would leave. Lets be honest here no matter how committed or part of the vision he is currently, if in a few years a top 6 club comes knocking is he really going to say no I'll stay at Derby?

You'd like to think he would, but with 21st century football it would be an extremely rare case of loyalty from a man with no previous connections to the city or the club.

1 minute ago, Kernow said:

In a way yes but there's only so successful he could be before he would leave. Lets be honest here no matter how committed or part of the vision he is currently, if in a few years a top 6 club comes knocking is he really going to say no I'll stay at Derby?

You'd like to think he would, but with 21st century football it would be an extremely rare case of loyalty from a man with no previous connections to the city or the club.

Never mind, Tim Sherwood would probably be available if PC left in a few years.

Archived