Villa sack Sherwood

Day

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Moyes is likely to get the job after the fantastic work he has done on taking Sociedad from a relegation threatened side and turning them into a relegation threatened side. Albeit they did win 4-0 away from home today.

Am surprised Sherwood got the chop today particularly as the BBC reported he had his head held up high after he was walking down the tunnel yesterday. I thought that might save him.

according to Collymore, Remi Garde is a shoe-in for the job.

To be fair, I'm not sure what the Villa directors expect. They are rubbish, haven't invested enough since the early O'Neill days, and have cashed in on any decent player they had since then.

Lambert was cautious and almost pragmatic, got sacked! Sherwood was adventurous and expansive, got sacked! Sadly, for Villa, regardless of their philosophy, they do NOT have good enough players to win a lot of games. So it doesn't matter who they give the job to.

With Sherwood, they had a bit of hope if they'd let him create a "us and them" culture and bring a bit of his mentality to club so they get a few surprise results along the way. Alas, it is not to be. I personally think Sherwood will still go on to have relative success.

Haven't invested enough? Spent £50m in the summer, better hope we don't go up then

that's about all they spent in the last 6 years! £50m doesn't get much in the Premier league, a few clubs have spent that on ONE player!! When you're already behind the rest of the league, you need more than just a couple of players. We spent not far off that in the last 18 months.

Archived