ACL's

Day

Seem to be quite popular this season, our William, Dicko, Jutkiewicz, Rafinha at Barca as well as......

CRawGxAVEAAGa-y.png

What's going on then, the boots, training methods? never remember players dropping like flies with ACL's before

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Statistically insignificant. I think I remember having Ted McMinn, Gary Micklewhite and Steve Cross all our with ACL at the same time out of a squad of about 18. 

Bucko never gets an ACL?

If he gets his studs caught in the tuft the whole stadium shifts around him slightly.

With Jake Buxton ruled out until February with a cruciate ligament injury, Gjokaj has been recalled to provide defensive cover behind fellow central defenders Richard Keogh, Mark O’Brien and James O’Connor ahead of the Christmas programme of fixtures.

http://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/article/gjokaj-recalled-from-carlisle-loan-550601.aspx

Somebody over on reddit totted up all the ACL injuries do see if there was a correlation

https://www.reddit.com/r/soccer/comments/3oxis8/all_acl_injuries_in_2015_and_the_boots_the/

The important bit

Statistics by manufacturer:

Nike: 19/31 - 61.2%

Adidas: 10/31 - 32.2%

Puma: 1/31 - 3.2%

Mizuno: 1/31 - 3.2%

When removing MLS, whose players are not represented in footballbootsdb's estimate:

Nike: 18/26 - 69.2%

Adidas: 23.1%

Puma: 3.85%

Mizuno: 3.85%

Statistics by stud pattern:

Conical: 13/31 - 41.9%

Bladed: 14/31 - 45.2%

Both: 4/31 - 12.9%

Nike is so high because half of footballers in Europe wear them

Just gets reported on a lot more. Has happened through all the years of football. Used to be reported as career ending knee injury then moved onto a serious knee injury with doubts over their return (remember when Nistelrooy's went bang on camera?) and now its just a will be back in six months job. 

I popped my ACL, MCL and all the cartilage in my knee going up for a header and landing badly. Ended my army career right there and then. Its just one of those things, the knee is a really complicated joint and when it bends, stretches in any way other than intended it goes tits up.

Thank for the medical information and insight there, JFETCN. Brilliant name you have there, JFETCN, but a burger to write. Can you do us an app to generate your name please? JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Surely there is a challenge here for us to think of a film title or similar made up of footballers' names? I think however that JFETCN will remain the best ever.:D

Bird'sNestaSopa?

BullShittu!

HoggMannHay

JuanDayBaptiste,Reilly?

ReidJerryDaley?

JuanFloDayOvermars!

MessengerOrrTexeira?

AmeobiOrrAmeobiKnott!

TexeiraOrrSenderos?

PettitOrrGreatorix?

StimacAke

I could go on but I know that you do not want me to. 

Alright, by popular request:-

RuddyMannTerryMeyerDeereWatson

Archived