Lithuania v England

Day

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

3 nil FT 

10 out of 10 

Astro Turf is a nightmare. 

Will all the lads be taking home all them little black balls from the Astro Turf home so the misses can moan a bit more about poxy football. "look at the bl00dy carpet, there's loads of those bl00dy black things all over the bl00dy carpet again!".... 

Great qualifying by England though.

People might question the opponents but take the level that England are at and compare it to the rest of their group and then take the level Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium and Holland (supposedly) and ask why they didn't smash their groups like England have. 

Nothing else happens

But you all missed DEL charging across the pitch, dressed up as a referee, yep he had a red shirt on and black shorts and a rather nice whistle and his flag stuffed up his shirt and there he is again holding up the numbers for the sub and this Norwich City side aren't much good, they need a Super Chrissy Martin, and Delia Smith to knock up some pies and make some noise,

Let's be having you......

But you all missed DEL charging across the pitch, dressed up as a referee, yep he had a red shirt on and black shorts and a rather nice whistle and his flag stuffed up his shirt and there he is again holding up the numbers for the sub and this Norwich City side aren't much good, they need a Super Chrissy Martin, and Delia Smith to knock up some pies and make some noise,

Let's be having you......

That must have been when I went to make a cup of tea.

Great qualifying by England though.

People might question the opponents but take the level that England are at and compare it to the rest of their group and then take the level Germany, Spain, Italy, Belgium and Holland (supposedly) and ask why they didn't smash their groups like England have. 

Good point well made, just made a post in another thread about Netherlands. Easy to go into this groups and not take the opposition seriously, every one of those countries should have smashed the groups had they played to their full potential. 

10 games, 10 wins, England could do no more and we've done it whilst bringing in new players as well albeit not the most inspiring on paper they've got the results and that's what matters.

Still, people will bash England, miserable gets

That must have been when I went to make a cup of tea.

Must have been. I wish I'd gone out for tea and scones. Baby is screaming like a banshee and is now sat beside me, I'm just telling him to ignore Glenn Hoddle, as he dropped Gazza and didn't pick Mat Le TIzz in case Mat Le TIzz turned out to be better than what Glenny was in an England shirt. Stick to the Diamond Lights Glenny.

Baby is looking a bit puzzled at Ian Wright, Wright, Wright

He likes Phil Jagielka good honest footballer, always puts in a shift, he's giving big Phil a clap. Good lad.

Good result and hopefully we won't be seeing that pitch. Just chilling in the hotel bar, next trip Alicante via Benidorm next month can't wait. 

We are England :) 

Our level of performance throughout this campaign has been top notch, as said, things can go horribly wrong at this level and we've seen it before in recent years with games like Croatia/Northern Ireland etc.

The next 3 or so friendlies will be a very good test to see where we're at.

Waht? Are you serious? You even made me spell what wrong. Lallana is quality.

Can't believe I am going to say this but I agree with you. Think Lallana is a very good player. Got such good feet, quality control over the ball.

England's record was superb, but let's not fool ourselves. We had the easiest group of the lot, and by quite some distance too. Switzerland were in transition, Slovenia were poor and the rest you'd expect Derby to beat quite comfortably.

Germany, Portugal, Italy and Spain had far tougher groups, 

Holland too, for that matter. Turkey and the Czechs would have been a tough proposition. I'd probably still expect England to top the other groups, but not with a 10/10 record.

Quite looking forward to the upcoming friendlies. For the first time in years, I think the FA have done a great job in organising matches against teams likely to throw up different tests.

For too long we've played friendlies against the likes of Jamaica, Trinidad and Tobago or Australia heading in to a major tournament and that doesn't ever prepare you for a team who can dominate the ball.

Too many games have been at Wembley too. We should have sought out more friendlies against good teams away from home. Get used to being under pressure.

Archived