Brendan Rodgers leaves Liverpool

Day

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

39 People died, so yes, not as many as Hillsborough, but still far to many and the tiny minority line is, well, bunk. It was Liverpool fans. Someone I once worked with claimed to have been there and said they didnt realize until late how bad it was. I stand corrected on them remembering it, and I'm happy to do so.

Had an Head Office in Liverpool with a previous job ,would make any excuse to get up there .Some of the best nights out ever and yes the friendliest people.

Whenever I recruited someone into the company I used to say do you want the good news or the bad news?

The good news is Head Office is Liverpool 

The bad news is Head Office is Liverpool 

Why's that they ask ,well you will have a great time but the admin is **** because they are all out getting pissed.

39 People died, so yes, not as many as Hillsborough, but still far to many and the tiny minority line is, well, bunk. It was Liverpool fans. Someone I once worked with claimed to have been there and said they didnt realize until late how bad it was. I stand corrected on them remembering it, and I'm happy to do so.

Just ask the Juve fans what they think about those "lovable rogues"....they will give you the truth....actually ask any football fan who ever went up to Merseyside in the 70's or 80's....

If you look at how many fans turn up at Andield each week to those that were involved with Heysel of course it's a minority and over 25 years ago when some fans were kids, babies yet still thrown at all Liverpool fans today.

It's a difference in perception that annoys me about it. They all come together for one but try to pass off the other as "not us" tiny minority". Now, I appreciate there is a different issue with establishment cover up of the failings that lead to the Hillsborough disaster. Perhaps it's wrong to throw it at all, perhaps it's not entirely right to dismiss it without group responsibility being at least partly accepted. I've been put properly at lea right on it being remembered

It's grouping people by the shirt they wear I don't like, the reason they are being called scum is for events in the 70/80's and it's something they won't be able to shake off, not that tragedies like Heysel should be forgotten at any time but at what point are Liverpool fans I'm trying to think of a word here but free? from being attached to this.

I'm talking about the fans that like me, in their 30's, a kid at the time, I was 3 when it happened, absolutely no blame to be attached yet because they wear that red shirt, with the badge of the club they support, decent people, would stop at the side of the road and help you change your tyre without legging it with your wheel. 

Were the "fans" at Heysel there for the football or just for the scrap, a chance to have it out with some Italians, our national team has the same kind, couldn't tell you who Rooney plays for, they just want to get pissed and batter some Europeans for a laugh?  

I'm led to believe Derby fans were no angels back in the 70's either, not trying to compare the two here but football has definitely moved on from the 70/80's. 

yeah, sorry you are right, let's forget what they were like back then....no harm done......

the most deluded set of fans ever...just a shame that David Brent was sacked it was getting really funny again.

You really want to use fans of 40 years ago as a yardstick? 

How many Anfield regulars were even born then let alone active then? People travel from all over the world to attend a match at Anfield because Liverpool FC is loved and respected by a great many people.

Have you ever met any?

The sound of you grinding your pathetic little axe is irritating in the extreme.

You really want to use fans of 40 years ago as a yardstick? 

How many Anfield regulars were even born then let alone active then? People travel from all over the world to attend a match at Anfield because Liverpool FC is loved and respected by a great many people.

Have you ever met any?

The sound of you grinding your pathetic little axe is irritating in the extreme.

how many of the same "anfield regulars" have ever seen them win the league....? But they all go on about it like it's their right. 

And how many were there when they murdered the 39 Juve fans....? Oh wait, I forgot,....none, that was Chelsea fans of course...

and yes I know quite a few of them and to a man they are as deluded as the day is long 

how many of the same "anfield regulars" have ever seen them win the league....? But they all go on about it like it's their right. 

They've seen them come very close and win the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA Cups and League Cups, think they have a fair shout to expect a genuine title push, especially when you look at the money they have spent/wasted. 

They are miles off being a top 4 regular.....they are as "big" as Spurs and Everton now, scrambling around desperate for one of the much bigger clubs to have a disaster so they can get up there....but thankfully they had a manager who even with probably one of the top 3 strikers in the world, Sturbridge and courtihno on fire they still couldn't beat Palace to win it....ha ha. My big worry is that Klopp might actually have a clue...fingers crossed he buys in to the deluded ethos up there and fails...

yeah, sorry you are right, let's forget what they were like back then....no harm done......

the most deluded set of fans ever...just a shame that David Brent was sacked it was getting really funny again.

Your hatred of all things Liverpool comes across as bordering on the irrational. If Liverpool was a country you would be crossing the line into racism.

Archived