Brendan Rodgers leaves Liverpool

Day

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Liverpool are forest. A good dose in league one might bring them back down to earth and put them in their place. 

This is absolutely spot on. The similarities are amazing.

Both are totally dominated by "its not like it was in my day" former players in the media and club itself. And deluded fans who live their day to day lives in the past.

They have an inability to move on and accept their current place in the scheme of things, an absence of a  realistic awareness that they are owed absolutely nothing by football. 

In a way, we were lucky. Our descent to the Third Division came relatively quickly and , thankfully we never wanted to surround ourselves with has-beens telling us how great they were in their day and how they know best about how the club should be run now, despite none of them ever having any experience or success as managers. No doubt friday nights playing at the likes of Doncaster and Grimsby quickly taught us about the grim realities of our subsequent circumstances.

Of course we are very proud of our achievements and the players and staff who made them possible. And the wonderful memories that they provided. But they have no place in the way the club is run today. Until Liverpool and Forest recognise that, they will never progress. 

And I guess there are many on here who hope that will indeed be the case.

Forest are nothing like Liverpool, Liverpool are a genuine big club with a massive fanbase around the world, backed up with the trophies in the cabinet.

In the last 15 years they have picked up the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA and League Cup twice.

What have Forest won in that time? They are going on about a couple of trophies won 30 odd years ago, you know how many trophies Liverpool have won in that time? **** loads, a Gerrard slip not long ago cost them the Prem title.

Would Klopp go to a small average Prem club? One of the best managers in the game? No way Pedro. 

Makes me laugh when I see some Derby fans mock Liverpool for demanding trophies like they are entitled, then you read on here promotion is a must, we should be scoring more than 2 against Brentford, some of our fans act more entitled than Liverpool fans.

Notice how I say some, would be unfair to call the entire fanbase on what a few say online, I know a couple of Liverpool fans that realise they are some way off Chelsea, Man City and are happy with top 6 and a decent cup run, decent guys, wouldn't rob your wheels and not a shell suit in sight. 

Forest are nothing like Liverpool, Liverpool are a genuine big club with a massive fanbase around the world, backed up with the trophies in the cabinet.

In the last 15 years they have picked up the Champions League, UEFA Cup, FA and League Cup twice.

What have Forest won in that time? They are going on about a couple of trophies won 30 odd years ago, you know how many trophies Liverpool have won in that time? **** loads, a Gerrard slip not long ago cost them the Prem title.

Would Klopp go to a small average Prem club? One of the best managers in the game? No way Pedro. 

Makes me laugh when I see some Derby fans mock Liverpool for demanding trophies like they are entitled, then you read on here promotion is a must, we should be scoring more than 2 against Brentford, some of our fans act more entitled than Liverpool fans.

Notice how I say some, would be unfair to call the entire fanbase on what a few say online, I know a couple of Liverpool fans that realise they are some way off Chelsea, Man City and are happy with top 6 and a decent cup run, decent guys, wouldn't rob your wheels and not a shell suit in sight. 

I notice how you say Liverpool fans and not scousers. We all know they still wear shell suits and have curly perms and have a degree in car stereo/wheel theft.

They are.....

Liverpool has been named the fourth friendliest city in the world.

A new poll by readers of travel bible Rough Guide has revealed Scousers to be among the most welcoming to travellers.

The new results follow on from a survey earlier this year which saw Liverpool named number three in the world of the top destinations to visit.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/liverpool-named-fourth-most-friendly-7825432

Archived