Brendan Rodgers leaves Liverpool

Day

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they've got any sense they'll realise they need Ancelotti, a fully known quantity who'll instantly give them a step back towards big club status. I don't think Klopp would be a bad appointment by any stretch, but Ancelotti would be an outstanding appointment.

Klopp's got potential but there's still a risk with him. Ancelotti could put them back into the top 4 by the end of next season once he gets rid of the mediocre players that Liverpool stockpile (Moreno, Allen, Lovren, Lucas, Markovic) and gives them a defined system without all the ******** tinkering that Rodgers loved. 

More likely that big name players will consider Liverpool if they're looking good with Ancelotti at the helm, who's almost as well respected as Mourinho.

Good move to sack Rodgers, more as a statement against mediocrity than anything.

If they've got any sense they'll realise they need Ancelotti, a fully known quantity who'll instantly give them a step back towards big club status. I don't think Klopp would be a bad appointment by any stretch, but Ancelotti would be an outstanding appointment.

Klopp's got potential but there's still a risk with him. Ancelotti could put them back into the top 4 by the end of next season once he gets rid of the mediocre players that Liverpool stockpile (Moreno, Allen, Lovren, Lucas, Markovic) and gives them a defined system without all the ******** tinkering that Rodgers loved. 

More likely that big name players will consider Liverpool if they're looking good with Ancelotti at the helm, who's almost as well respected as Mourinho.

Good move to sack Rodgers, more as a statement against mediocrity than anything.

We are very different in our judgement of Klopp v Ancelotti.

I personally think Ancelotti is very lucky and very over-rated. I think at the given time he was appointed in each of his last four jobs, he landed the best job in each division at that time, at the richest club at that time and the biggest transfer budget at that time. Any average manager would've achieved the same moderate success that Ancelotti did.

Klopp on the other hand.... did what he did from scratch.

Surely Ancelotti has more sense than to go there...? He is holding out for the Roma job isn't he..? To go back home.? Now THAT is a proper footballing story not the sacking of a ridiculous David Brent character from a mid sized nothing club who have not won the league in most of the viewers of Sky Sports Super Sunday's lifetime...

Has Nigel Clough got a job yet?

His last 2 jobs have been at clubs with fans up their own arses thinking they are massive clubs that should win every game :ph34r:

Obviously if Ancelotti is in work at a top club somewhere it gives us a handy link for the loan market. Whether or not Liverpool can be described as a top club nowadays is very debatable.

I agree with Mostyn's view of the two frontrunner candidates. They'd be very lucky to land Klopp IMO as I think he's far too good for them, but I also think he might take it because of the allure of the Liverpool name when it comes to European success. If I recall, before Clement was appointed, Klopp was actually 25/1 for the Derby job!

Obviously if Ancelotti is in work at a top club somewhere it gives us a handy link for the loan market. Whether or not Liverpool can be described as a top club nowadays is very debatable.

I agree with Mostyn's view of the two frontrunner candidates. They'd be very lucky to land Klopp IMO as I think he's far too good for them, but I also think he might take it because of the allure of the Liverpool name when it comes to European success. If I recall, before Clement was appointed, Klopp was actually 25/1 for the Derby job!

Hopefully the days of us developing other teams youngsters are gone now, plus I would not deal with these scumbags again after the way they recalled Ibe.

We are very different in our judgement of Klopp v Ancelotti.

I personally think Ancelotti is very lucky and very over-rated. I think at the given time he was appointed in each of his last four jobs, he landed the best job in each division at that time, at the richest club at that time and the biggest transfer budget at that time. Any average manager would've achieved the same moderate success that Ancelotti did.

Klopp on the other hand.... did what he did from scratch.

He's done it four times though, hasn't he? Plenty of managers have to come into excellent jobs and f*cked up horrendously. You can't deny he's successful in high pressure jobs and the Liverpool job is (undeservedly) high pressure. I admit that Ancelotti's hardly had challenging jobs recently, but Liverpool need some pure stability and status right now, not risk the chance that Klopp will flunk and sink further.

It really is a pick of two very good managers, but I'd go with the safe option, all things considered.

Liverpool plan to confirm Jürgen Klopp’s appointment as manager by the end of the week after the German coach indicated he will accept the club’s offer to move to Anfield. 

Klopp’s recruitment now looks a for­mality with negotiations expected to be completed over the next few days. The former Borussia Dortmund manager has no qualms about working within the existing club structure and it is understood that he will sign a three‑year deal. It is expected that he will head to Merseyside in the next 48 hours for further negotiations, with an announcement possible as soon as Friday.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/11913487/Liverpool-to-appoint-Jurgen-Klopp-on-three-year-deal-by-the-end-of-week.html

More of a gamble than Ancelotti but if all goes well, could be an excellent appointment. 

No chance of top 4 and probably not top 6

I see it vice-versa. Ancelotti has had average success at the richest club in each of the last four leagues. I think Klopp is methodical and even a bit genial. He will rebuild Liverpool into a medium-long term threat, whereas Ancelotti will require a shedload of cash to hit par.

Liverpool are a big club, without a doubt, but what their fans and people in and around the club don't seem to grasp is that it's not 1984 any more.

Other clubs have passed them by. Chelsea and Manchester City are the prime examples - two clubs they simply cannot compete with in terms of spending power and the quality of player they can attract. Then you have Manchester United who had been the dominant force in English football for 20+ years until Ferguson called it a day and of course, Arsenal, who have failed to realise their potential for ten years but at least have remained consistent in doing so - finishing in the top four and playing Champions League football every year.

What right do Liverpool have to expect a top-four finish? Are they better than any of the teams listed above? What right do they even have to expect winning a trophy?

Wenger at Arsenal went nine years without one, yet people expect more of them too. What I like about Arsenal, if nothing else, is that at least they have an identity and a clear way of playing football and a clear way of operating. 

What is Liverpool's identity other than to suck on the teat of past glories and have ideas way above their station?

I remember my first and only visit to Anfield. We were thrashed 6-0 and and they had Xabi Alonso and Fernando Torres in their side. Compare that to now and there isn't a player in their squad fit to scrub their boots.

Football has moved on. Liverpool are a spent force, so why the outrage?

I quite liked the job Rodgers did at Swansea but to be honest I thought taking the Liverpool job would be career suicide for him and so it will probably prove.

It's a strange move by Klopp. He's a good manager, without question, but he's no miracle worker. :lol:

Archived